Quantcast

2018 Massimo msu500 No Start

Redneckguy

My  msu500 has around 200 hours on it. I started it last week put it in low and made it about 6 feet. there was a pop and dead engine. Tried starting it again and it spun really fast and free. Well I started at the top tearing it down and what I’m seeing is the timing gear broke. Everything looks good other than the timing gear and I’m missing two pieces that now of course I have to tear the whole engine down to find lol. Has anyone had this happen? This thing has been a colossal piece of garbage since I’ve owned it. My dad bought it brand new and I got it with around 20 hours on it.

• Alex changed the title to 2018 Massimo msu500 No Start
  • 3 months later...

If the timing gear broke that is on the camshaft there is no need to take apart the entire engine.  Take the Stator cover off and the flywheel, take off the timing chain adjuster off, put a new chain (if you want) and install a new camshaft and gear.  should only take a few hours not a bad job at all.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Jim D
      MSU 500 does nothing when you turn the key. No power to display, fuel pump or anything. Come back a while later and everything works perfect. Starts right up. Battery is fully charged. Could this be the ignition going bad. When it doesn't power up I've found nothinf that will correct it other then waiting and trying later.
    • By djl
      Hi All.  The splines are pretty well worn where the rear driveshaft fits into the adapter (boss?) on the rear of the engine.  I have a new driveshaft / adapter / seal to install but am having difficulty loosening the nut holding the adapter onto the transmission output shaft.  I purchased a chain-type vice grip tool thinking that I could get it around the adapter to prevent it from turning but have not had any luck getting it in there yet (very tight space).  What approaches have you used that have worked?  Thanks!
    • By strike250
      I have the factory service manual available for the Buck 400. Just send me a message with your email and I'll get it to you. Although there is no charge for this, it would be great if  you would visit my website where you could donate any amount to help do things like this with others who need it. Again, there is no charge for this manual, and no obligation to donate. But if you did, I would thank you for sure. Have fun on the trails. www.warriorsoffroad.com

Matt

• By kgs
      Got a hisun sector 550 2019 that's got 5900 Miles on it, this year it started to getting hard to start in morning, once I get it started it works good the rest of the day. But to start it in the morning I got to hold the gas pedal to the floor and it will fire up. I replaced the fuel injector but didn't help it. So I just ordered a new air filter and 02 sensor and a maf sensor to put on it to see if this will fix it. Anyone else had this problem. I'm hoping the parts I ordered will fix it. I also bought a new battery to put in it also.
    • By Mark T
      MY 400 is gutless. I would like to know if I can upgrade to a larger engine ?