Quantcast

2008 Rhino

Sizzler

• 2 months later...

2008 Rhino 700 FI Auto. 4x4 Ducks Unlimited Edition

08Rhino700_ducks_3_2a3ee0aa.jpg

Key Features:

The Ducks Unlimited Edition gets Advantage Max-4™ High Definition Camouflage, dealer-installed windshield and sun top.

Comfortable interior with automotive-type controls: A new steering wheel, left-side foot brake pedal/right-side foot accelerator pedal, center-mounted console shifter and parking brake lever, turn-to-start ignition switch, indicator lights and 12-volt accessory outlet render the Rhino totally user-friendly.

686cc liquid-/oil-cooled, four-stroke engine and light weight add up to an excellent power-to-weight ratio and great performance.

Industry-exclusive fully automatic Ultramatic® transmission with dual-range (Hi/Lo) drive and reverse is the most advanced drive system available. Maintaining constant belt tension reduces wear, gives instant throttle response and provides industry-exclusive all-wheel downhill engine braking

Industry-exclusive three-position On-Command® In/Out 4WD feature lets you switch between 2WD, limited-slip 4WD and fully locked differential 4WD—all with the simple push of a button.

Fully independent four-wheel suspension: Double wishbones front and rear deliver 7.3 inches of wheel travel and 12.1 inches of ground clearance; five-way preload-adjustable shocks provide maximum tire contact and amazing comfort while navigating rough terrain.

Thick bucket seats and that great long-travel suspension system work together to provide the smoothest ride in the industry.

New for 2008:

All-new 686cc engine puts out plenty of broadband power. New four-valve head with 9.2:1 compression bumps power and efficiency.

Electronic fuel injection ensures peak performance in nearly all conditions and elevations, along with instantaneous cold starts.

Tough, blow-molded doors keep mud, water and dirt on the trail where they belong.

New four-wheel disc brakes provide unsurpassed stopping power, and a new parking brake is super convenient.

Cool, comfortable new steering wheel and new passenger grab handles.

Now with two cup holders for even greater creature comfort.

New underhood tool-free air filter is a snap to service.

CV joint protectors for long, trouble-free life.

Engine:

An all-new fuel-injected 686cc engine puts out plenty of broadband power, along with reduced noise and vibration.

Aluminum cylinder with 102mm ceramic-composite lined bore reduces weight and enhances cooling and reliability.

Forged aluminum piston with increased compression means more performance and durability.

New, four-valve head with roller rocker arms reduces friction and weight.

Heavy-duty crankshaft with large pin diameters increases durability and running smoothness.

41mm throttle body with Idle Speed Control System provides instant cold starts and great performance at nearly any altitude.

Big new radiator with cooling fan and oil cooler means more cooling capacity and durability.

All-stainless steel exhaust system with aluminum heat shields and screen-type spark arrestor lets the engine live up to its full power potential while it keeps things quiet.

New air filter design: Underhood location reduces intake noise, larger element increases service life approximately three times—and no tools are needed for maintenance.

Drivetrain:

Improved Ultramatic® automatic transmission uses a larger, 150mm centrifugal clutch and six-shoe design for increased durability. Lower gear ratios provide more low-end response and smoother delivery, and a new low-ratio gear-driven reverse gives more backing-up power too. A strengthened drive belt handles the new engine’s power.

Dual-range (Hi/Lo) drive with reverse taps into more pulling power in low and more performance in high.

Console-mounted dual-range (H/L/N/R) shift lever.

Sealed drive case keeps out water and debris, and a hand-operated side cover drain lets out what little gets in.

Specially designed drive system air intake vent helps prevent overheating and keeps water and mud from entering the drive case.

Chassis/Suspension:

Steel frame is lightweight and features outstanding durability with superior rigidity for superb handling.

Light, responsive rack-and-pinion steering features a fully sealed steering column and double U-jointed steering linkage for smooth operation and class-leading turning radius—even in 4WD.

12.1-inch ground clearance delivers maximum underbelly protection while enhancing terrainability.

Low-maintenance front shaft drive features gear case and electronic servo-activated 2WD/4WD/Diff Lock via the On-Command® system. Direct rear shaft drive eliminates the U-joint for greater durability and more efficient power transfer at all rpm.

Big axles and CV joints—72.6mm joints and 21mm front axles—deal with the new engine’s power. Tough new boot CV boot covers resist tearing, and new A-arm protectors prevent debris from damaging the CV boots.

Standard center-mounted, heavy-duty 2-inch receiver-style hitch can tow over 1,200 pounds.

Stamped steel dump bed is rated to haul 400 pounds of gear, with a latch that opens from either side.

Aggressive Maxxis tires offer great traction, longer life and a comfortable ride.

Additional Features:

New digital instrument panel incorporates self-diagnostic capabilities for easy troubleshooting. A new voltage meter allows easy monitoring of battery condition, and a new hourmeter keeps track of engine running hours for accurate service intervals.

Integrated, easy-to-read fuel gauge makes it easy to keep track of your fuel supply.

Large, specially designed seats are extra plush and supportive for all-day driver and passenger comfort.

Operator and passenger seat belts.

Dual 30-watt multi-reflector Krypton bulb headlights with high/low beams feature stylishly sleek cat-eye design; dual 5-watt/21-watt tail/brake lights.

Large, 7.9-gallon fuel tank for long rides.

Maintenance-free battery provides power, even in cold weather.

Built in Newnan, GA, USA.

• 10 months later...