Quantcast

2020 HISUN 450 SECTOR

dhutch

We have a 2020 Hisun 450 Sector that we purchased brand new.  Just wondering if anyone has experienced the product to be defective as we have?

We bought the unit from a Hisun Dealer in Aug 2020 to ride around in our neighborhood .  This unit has broke down 3 times for same drive shaft problem and been in shop more than we have enjoyed.

This unit has a drive shaft alignment problem according to service center and Hisun has no true fix for problem and just keep doing same repair to the drive shaft . 

Hisun has covered under warranty, which will expire this year but now that we are pushing the issue, Hisun claims you are not supposed to tow or haul with their units and are saying we are mis-treating the unit.  We do not haul or tow with this unit but yet owners manual has capacity to haul or tow and unit came with towing hitch!

The unit was in shop that Hisun recommended from 5//24/21 and until late July 2021 for rear drive shaft.  Then again around end of September 2021 unit started jerking and making grinding noises.  We contacted Hisun again and they recommend that we take to same service center.  The unit was in shop from Sept 2021 until January 2022 for rear drive shaft again.  While at the service center the shop showed me some other Hisun's that they had to repair for same problem.  For the 3rd time this unit started jerking and grinding noises on 4/24/22.  We took unit back to service center again and reached out to Hisun multiple times by email and phone only to be told it is our fault that they have a defective unit/part.  The service center repaired unit again and we picked up Mid May.  We have sent Hisun pictures of the drive shaft and the mis-alignment issue and have been trying to get a resolution to this problem instead of temporary fix!

This is end of May 2022 and the unit is having same issues again .  

We would highly recommend. to stay away from Hisun.  The product we have is defective and they do not care or stand behind their product!

We are looking into legal action and if anyone has similar problems with Husun please email me.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By AlphaSerenity
      Hello,
      Before I invest $10k+ into a brand new UTV for the farm, I want to get my feet wet with a fixer upper and learn the mechanical side of things. I acquired a 2022 Hisun Axis 500 (Lowes-specific model) from an auction for $500. It has only 200 hours and 120 miles on the engine. It looks like the previous owner used it for ranch work and didn't drive it on trails, deep water/mud, or anything too crazy.
      While it runs and moves, it has some problems. It struggles to accelerate up any incline in high and low range and sometimes stalls when I let off of the throttle or change gears. When I apply throttle in neutral, it sounds like it is struggling for fuel/air and pops. When I decelerate, there is a grinding sound coming from the clutch, which I've read to be related to the one way bearing and is semi-common. The last thing I've observed is sometimes the speedometer display sometimes will show a much higher value for a few seconds after barely touching the throttle. Based on the documentation, if a problem is detected from the sensors, the instrument panel display should have an error code rendered on the screen in place of the time, but this isn't happening. Here is a video showing some of these issues (engine is exposed with console removed):
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFAkO5TaGps

Here is another video of the clutches in action:

I've done some research, but information on this specific unit and sister units is limited. There does seem to be transmission and clutch issues reported. I still need to check into the head gaskets. I don't have the equipment to test compression right now, but I do plan on ordering what is needed soon. I do have an order in place for some cables to read the diagnostics from the computer. There is a shop two hours away from me that works on Hisun products, but I am hoping the problem can be identified and is something within my ability to handle. Below is what I've already investigated.  I am leaning towards the primary clutch needing replacement right now.
      After getting it home and unloaded, I did the following maintenance/checks to it prior to operating it further:
      Changed the engine/clutch oil (and filter) and gear oils using manufacture recommended viscosity Changed the air filter and checked for cracks in the air intake flow. Verified good suction. Cleaned the throttle body Changed the spark plug and verified the gap was within spec (0.6-0.7mm) Changed the coil and coil wire Changed the fuel lines, fuel injector, and verified the fuel pump was outputting the correct initial prime pressure for ignition and continuous pressure after ignition. Also completely emptied the fuel tank and made sure octane 91+ fuel is being used per manufacturer specs. Ran seafoam through system too. Cleaned the spark arrester and verified no cracks or gaps in the exhaust flow Changed out the O2 sensor Checked all wired connections to ensure they were secured and no breaks were visible Checked the belt for tightness and for any signs of wear and tear Verified 4WD and the differential lock function as expected - still hesitates and struggles uphill Verified the fan gears in the shifter are not corroded and working as expected ECU was reset after replacing sensors and fuel-related parts  

Thanks!
    • By Hugh
      My 2018 Hisun sector crew engine cut off after about 15 minutes run. There is no indicator of what is wrong, no error code just die and won't restart until it cool down. I notice that the fan is not running but the temp indicator is on low temp, no overheat indicator. I checked the radiator fluid, it is cool to touch.
      Cooling fans are working, I can hear it running once awhile if I can get the engine warm up enough.  Thank you for all the help.

Hugh
    • By Dave N.
      2020 Massimo Buck 400 - Won't start. Can hear the starter spinning, but motor never turns. Relay? Starter? Worked fine one day and not the next. Thanks for any help you can provide.
    • By Steve Toney
      Hello, my name is Steve and just signing up.  Bought my first UTV yesterday.  It is a Massimo T-Boss 550.  
    • By SafeSledBryan
      Hey guys! My name is Bryan and i am the owner and creator of Safe Sled. Not some crazy corporate backed recovery product, but just some guy with an idea. 

4 years ago, I suffered 11 strokes, and am now 50% paralyzed on the left side of my body. I am unable to work a normal job anymore. I was working on the sled 2 years before this all unraveled. My wife told me to keep working on it since i was pissing her off staying home and doing nothing.
      I still plan on improving and implementing different ideas as the product’s revenue continues to grow.
      if the sled is appealing to you, please check out my website, safesledoffroad.com
      Safe Sled Website