Quantcast

Wheel Spacers

brostar

Just wondering if anyone has added wheel spacers to their UTV yet? I know with the Trooper you are already as wide as a UTV gets but with even more width comes more stability. Problem for some might be too much width for narrow tracks. These are available at T.Js so someone must of tried them out. Any thoughts?

Cheers Mike.

where we ride, you don't want to be any wider than what they are stock, but I think you can get them straight from Joyner if you want them. I was pricing a unit and HID lights for a customer and noticed them advertised at Joyner.

Guest Lenny

I used a set of 2" spacers for my Trooper when I ran 25" paddle tires. They were on 12" rims and the spacers were required to clear the brakes etc. Even then I had to do a little trimming of the casting seperation lug on the brake along with moving it in about 1/8" and I needed to reduce the the OD of the brake disk by 1/4". Everything cleared then. Don't need them now that I went to much bigger paddles (16.50 x 15 rears and 13.50 fronts). This is an experiment so I'll keep every one informed. My objective is to not churn them like typically done but to hook up like a track with minimum slip. We'll See. Might sell my spacers later but not ready yet.

Lenny

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By hdtran
      That's the question! Or, if you want to add details:
      (a) How do you use the UTV? (roads? off-road to get to trees? etc.)
      (b) If you are wearing a helmet--how frequently? What type of helmet?

My own answers: (a) Most of the time off-road to get to downed trees, cut the trees to logs and haul the logs back for splitting. (b) Very rarely, a ski helmet and not a motorcycle helmet.
    • By BernieG
      I could really use some help identifying some disconnected components on a Yard Sport YS400. The first part is this pipe, which comes out of the exhaust port area or the cylinder. It looks like it had a piece of rubber hose on it, but the hose is gone, and I have no idea what it was previously connected to.

The second item is this vacuum valve looking thing.  Again only one line is still attached.  What is it's function and what other lines should be connected to it?

The last thing is this hose, which exits the side top of the fuel tank (not the fuel line hose) but is not connected to anything

Any help the community could provide would be greatly appreciated.  This UTV belongs to a friend, and I am trying to help him get it running correctly for his kids.
    • By The Road Hound
      Hi, 
      New to the forum. 
      Came here looking for some experienced UTV users who can enlighten me about which brand should I pick for my very first UTV or SXS. 
      I'm between 3 brands and 3 models: 
      *Kawasaki MULE PRO-FXR   1000.
      *Yamaha wolverine rmax2. 
      *Can am Commander XTP. 
      The use I'm willing to give it is mostly to go to the range with my wife, load steel targets and all our shooting gear, we shoot a lot, rifles, Shotguns and Handguns for practice, training and competition. (Range is about 10 miles from home) 
      But also I want something that I can take to the trails and have fun on dirt, mud, rocks, puddles or creeks. 
      Any objective information will be appreciated, specially which is more reliable and durable. 
      Thank you and happy 4th of July. 

• By mac66
      Just bought a used UTV, my first SxS.  It is extremely LOUD!   Was thinking of wearing shooting ear muffs to muffle the noise but then my passenger( wife) and I couldn't hear each other over the shouting we have to do now.... On the other hand we sometime ride with my brother and his wife and would like to be able to communicate. We throught about FRS and/or GMRS radios (we are licensed for GMRS) but we'd have to wear earphones under our ear muffs. My state doesn't require helmets to ride UTVs.
      I suppose if everyone has a cheap FRS/gmrs bubble pack radio with a ear phone we could all talk to one another. Just wear an ear plug in the other ear or ear muffs.
      Looking for suggestions.
    • By Mark T
      MY 400 is gutless. I would like to know if I can upgrade to a larger engine ?