Quantcast

CV Joints

Kinarfi

I was having so much fun out at the dunes that I forgot to mention that my left rear CV joint came out of the wheel, again, #3! We got it back in and I proceeded to have fun. I took it apart today and cleaned it up and found a most interesting thing, I'm missing one of the balls that go in it. HOW does that happen.

2335015560104282158WegSlq_th.jpg 2522536370104282158cINEOd_th.jpg

Guest Lenny

It probably came out and fell on the ground when the cv came out. You need to replace the ball. Go to a bearing distributor and they will either have it or get it for you in a few days. It's probably metric so be sure to mic it or bring one with you. I'm sure it will be a standard ball bearing ball. You need to look at the entire cv assembly and how it's held to the axel and into the spindle housing. There has got to be a clip or some kind of retainer device holding it. Once found, look it over closely to try and determine why it's not holding. if it's a bad groove or sometyhing like that, let me know, maybe I can machine it so it will hold. Haven't had one apart so other then this I don't know what to tell you.

Lenny

Once you have the axle and cv back together, jack the car up so the wheels are hanging. you should be able to move the axle from side to side, if you can,t your pulling it out, this can also happen when the susp is compresed all the way. there is a clip on the axle stub that holds the axle on.

Thanks, I believe my problem was there from the get go and after talking to Joyner and my dealer, they have agreed to replace it under warranty, thank you Joyner and Apex Motor Sport, should be here early next week, but I will do the check you suggested.

Kinarfi

I got my left rear axle replaced and I'm so very happy with Joyner & Apex Motorsport! The only way they could have done better was to come to my house to fix it and bring the drinks. Steve, the owner, took it for a ride and really liked my tires, he said he was trying to come to the Jamboree and get Joyner there too. Any way, NOW I'm ready to go, for the most part.

Kinarfi

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By CYJSP2009
      Dear Friends, 
      2022 Brand new Joyner CV Axles and CV  Joint rebuild kits are comming 
      1.  S650.03.02.02.00 ---Joyner 650 Commando Rear
      2. TR1100.03.01.03.00 --- Joyner Trooper Front 
      3. TR1100.03.02.03.00 --- Joyner Trooper Rear
      4. D650.03.02.02.00 --- Joyner 650 Sand Spider Rear Left 
      5. D650.03.02.03.00--- Joyner 650 Sand Spider Rear Right 
      6. SV800.03.02.01.00 --- Joyner 800 Viper, SV1100 Drive shaft Left
      7.  14274 --- 650 ider rear left, rear right, 800 MV; 800Viper, SV1100 Drive shaft rear left and rear right outer cv joint rebuild kit
      8. 15803  ---  650 Sand Spider rear left, rear right, 800 MV; 800Viper, SV1100 Drive shaft rear left and rear right outer cv joint rebuild kit
      Attached are the part photos for reference. 
      Above parts are now on the way to USA, will be ready for inland delivery in middle of July. 
      Price: CV Axle: USD250/ Piece;  CV Joint kit (without grease): USD110  send to door. 
      There will be special discount availabe for deals completed within July 2022.  
      Buy 1 piece: Get 5% discount, 
      Buy 2 pieces: get 10% discount.
      Buy 3 pieces: get 15% discount, 
      Buy 4 and more than 4 pieces: get 20% discount. 
      Please kindly note Qty for each part is not big  and it is hard to forcast when there will be next offer for these kind of products unless there is sufficient confirmed order qty for productioin arrangement. 
      Payment method: Payoneer payment link ( can pay through bank account or credit card) or Paypal ( [email protected]) .  Payment commission paid by the buyer. 
      Interested parties, please contact [email protected]
      Thanks
      Good Luck
      Casey / Leaf Asia
      July-07-2022

• By lowgear52
      Does anyone out there have a rear differential for a trooper for sale?
    • By CarlB
      I have a 2022 Hisun 750 Sector which comes with a locked rear differential. Was wondering if it would be possible to install an unlocking differential.  I see that there are some Hisun made machines that come with the unlocking rear diff, such as Cub Cadet Challenger, some of the Massimos, and probably others. My concern is whether these would be a direct bolt on, using the original axles, drive shaft, and of course matching gear ratio. I've tried to match up part numbers but it seems every brand has their own number system even for parts that I know are identical. If anyone has ever done this swap or has any information about the whether these unlocking rear diffs are comparable to the Sector, I'd appreciate your input.
    • By AL F
      CAN'T FIND ANYTHING UNDER 2005 THAT MATCHES  ARE THESE THE SAME   FUEL INJECTORS
    • By Carter Read
      This is just the kit I am not selling the car. The Kit will be custom made as seen in pictures.... CAR IS not for sale just showing the RS1 kit I'm selling. Kit includes mig welded laser cut and CNC Bent 1 3/4" D.O.M cage DOM Front Bumper DOM Rear Bumper