Quantcast

2013 Massimo MSU 500 new primary clutch

Thanks for the clarification. I guess I never thought about it having 2 clutches. My experience with clutches is minimal, at best, and mostly limited to manual clutches on dirt bikes, and the occasional car.

But if it were me, I'd probably give it a very small amount of grease, extremely lightly applied. 

Of course I googled it and watched a couple of YouTube videos but the info was very conflicting. One guy said it should be assembled dry to keep sand and dust from building up on it. One guy said that it had to be "packed" with grease. And of course varying stages in between. If one of those that know don't reply soon, I guess I'll just put it in the way it was shipped to me and hope for the best.

I did the same search, and saw the same conflicting information. I suppose it might be because of subtle differences in the exact types of clutch, and as I said,  I don't know enough to give a definite answer.

That's why I answered as I did. My theory being that a small amount of grease might help, but probably wouldn't hurt anything. And from my experience, gobs of grease, are only used in certain circumstances, and can sometimes do more harm than good. 

So since I don't have any real experience in clutch grease, I really don't know. I only responded out of ignorance, in regard to the vehicle having two clutches. Well that, and to give this worthy question more forum face time, by bringing it to the top.

I'd also like to suggest that you keep us informed about this project, through one of the threads you've started about this machine. We love projects, and pictures. Good documentation might just cause someone else to start their own project. 

Good luck!