Quantcast

I need a real mechanics input

300winchester

2014 uxv700i will not start, has fire, checked all sensors voltages, resistances etc,  NO codes showing. Compression 90, manual says 213,  checked valve lash,  did not make a difference

When i turn crankshaft this is what I am seeing, with inspection covers off top.   Exhaust valves open then shut, intake valves open then shut , turn it just a tad more and loud snap, click ? on exhaust valves, i can feel this.

even if timing jumped and i bring to TDC and redo valve lash i should see a correction, but this is not happening

any input greatly !!! appreciated.  

Thank you all

• Confused 1

Well, i got some feedback from another forum member.  

First the clank or snap in exhaust valves is a built in decompression on camshaft

Second per input from member I took off valve cover,  brought flywheel to timing mark, checked camshaft and hash marks, they did not line up horizontally,  appears that engine jumped timing.

Will reset and confirm tomorrow

thanks all

• Sad 1

Hi, update !!!  The person who tried to fix this before me when they pulled off flywheel and reassembled did not tighten nut on side of stator case good enough, when i pulled flywheel, the whole inside taper shaft destroyed.  new flywheel on order, no wonder i could not time.  when watching timing mark and piston , the piston was already going back down before timing mark arrived in circle, !

thanks

Ill update when i get flywheel back on and give it another try

learned alot about that decompression on the exhaust valve also.  there is no way you will ever see the 213 psi on compression tester.  this allows pressure to escape at low rpms.  pretty neat setup when you think about it.  when started and rpms increase that little slider goes away and your back to normal compression.  every motor you dive into you learn so much about while working on them.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By malenurse13
      We just bought a used 2017 American Landmaster TW450. No hour meter that I can find, so not sure exactly how much it has been used. 
      The first 2 days we had it, the starter was a little sketchy, but it started after 2-3 tries. Sometimes when turning the key, we would hear a loud metal "clink" sound. Like the starter made contact, but didn't have enough power to turn. 
      THIS MORNING... Turning the key, we hear a single click sound. That's it. Even with a new battery, the starter is still doing the same thing. Both batteries (old and new) were reading 12.8 volts on volt meter. So I'm wondering what else could be going on? Any ideas on what to look for would be greatly appreciated...
      Thank you!
    • By packersfan
      I have a hisun 500 got from a auction and when turning a corner left or right it's a two hand job then when you left go snaps back.any help on what to look at would be appreciated.
      Also blows blue smoke until she gets warm then it's ok 
    • By nods
      Less than 40 miles can barely start. Dealer is working with Hisun on a number of other issues on this UTV. Can not get clear info on the meaning of these E codes this is getting. Anybody have some clear info for me?
    • By donny
      Hello I am new here but have had this machine for about 5 years. I am having issues with it surging and sometimes sounding like a small backfire thru the intake.  When putting in low, high or reverse it will struggle then go full power then struggle. It will only do the small backfire thing while in neutral reving it many times. Once in awhile it will throw a check engine light.  
      Parts replaced/checked:
        I have checked the valve lashing, timing and adjusted. Parts replaced are the coils, spark plugs, injectors, fuel lines, fuel pump, IAC sensor, TPS sensor, throttle cable, speed sensor, primary and secondary clutch and belt.
    • By Jon C
      Hello to anyone who reads this. I am Jon and I own J&M Outdoor Power, a very small, small engine repair shop. I was approached by Coleman about 6 months ago to become one of their Warranty Centers.
      I recently received 3 different UT400's and a UT500 all with similar issues. These units range from 2 months to 2 years old. Customers state that the unit(s) was/were running fine, then heard a pop and a loss of power, two would no longer start. The two that would run would not achieve normal operating speed (around 20mph I would say) without redlining the RPMs. I quickly found that the Valve lash on each unit had become too large on some(both intake and exhaust) and too tight on one(just intake). 
      After setting the gaps to .005(I found multiple different people suggesting bigger and smaller gaps, but no definitive Coleman Spec number yet) every unit starts, runs, and achieves top speed without issue.
      I don't know how many others have come across these issues, and I wanted to get something out on the web for others in the same predicament. 
      Please let me know if you have had similar issues.
      Edit: I realize that this will not be a fix all solution for this issue, as the oil level and condition should be verified before moving to the valves. Many times improper oil conditions will cause valve lash to change. These units all have good oil and proper oil changes.