Quantcast

mastergrader007

Think i broke something :(

I was backing up a hill tonight with the diff lock on in my 08 prowler xtx and POP. i knew it didnt sound good so i drove up to the house and grabbed the front drivers side axle and sure enough the wheel end is flopping around inside the boot. I just got this prowler and was wondering if maybe it is possible for something to just pop out, or did i infact snap the shaft??? if i did wreck the cv does anyone know if the drivers side is considered the front "left" or "right"??? is there any cross reference parts that are cheaper that will fit??? any info would be great. thanks

I was backing up a hill tonight with the diff lock on in my 08 prowler xtx and POP. i knew it didnt sound good so i drove up to the house and grabbed the front drivers side axle and sure enough the wheel end is flopping around inside the boot. I just got this prowler and was wondering if maybe it is possible for something to just pop out, or did i infact snap the shaft??? if i did wreck the cv does anyone know if the drivers side is considered the front "left" or "right"??? is there any cross reference parts that are cheaper that will fit??? any info would be great. thanks

Driver's side is front left.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• front axle for kubota rtv 900 2000 model

Hello, I’m writing this because I desperately need some assistance with front axle for kubota rtv 900 2000 model. My stepfather told me his two front axles of his  kubota rtv broken separately yesterday and he couldn't distinguish which is for left or right. Are left and right front cv axles the same on a 2000 kubota rtv 900 4x4 ? And what's the cost of kubota rtv 900 axles ? I don't learn much about kubota rtv and hope someone tell me. Thank you.

By matt wichert, in Kubota UTV RTV Forum

• 2 replies
    • Polaris RZR 1000 front differential output hubs!

Brand New set of front differential output hubs for 2017 Polaris RZR 1000 front differential.  Been sitting around for six months...never been installed!  I have the box from Polaris that they came in.  Part #3235965 ...I'll take $350.  

By Ryan Shorter, in UTV Off-Road Classifieds - Buy & Sell

• 0 replies
    • 2016 Joyner T2 1100cc 4 wheel drive

I have a 2016 Joyner T2 that is giving me problems engaging in and out of 4 wheel drive.  I have read some older posts that address this issue on some older models, but can't get any of the older pics to open for a good explanation.   I have not taken anything apart at this point.  Hoping some mechanically savvy Joyner owners can help me out. Thanks

By Snatchy, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 1 reply
    • MSU500 popping/snapping sound

Hi everyone, Been driving my Massimo since January. Really pretty satisfied with it. I have done 1 oil change on it and have now over 1700 miles on it. I have one leaking seal on the axle at the diff, but that is pretty much it. I do have a curious thing that happens occasionally. When turning or coming in or off a trail at a pretty severe side angle, I get an occasional snapping sound. This sound is pretty loud  and can be felt in the footwell area. It doesn't seem to really affect anthing and there is no obvious or easily seen area where some kind of movement is happening. I'm wondering if the leaking diff seal is related to this popping sound. Could the axle be pulling out of the diff? Thanks for any help Mark

By Markus_K, in UTV General Discussion

• 0 replies
    • 250cc longer wheel studs

Hey there folks, we are now stocking longer and stronger wheel studs for the 2500cc line up, including models from Coleman, HiSUN, Benchee, Massimo and others that share the same parts. The fronts are pretty easy to change out as the hubs are aluminum, but the rears are a little harder since they are made from steel. Really helps with different rims, racing, or striped out poor quality OEM versioins. These are rated at 10.9

By strike250, in Hisun UTV SxS Forum

• 0 replies