Quantcast

JBSPerformance clutch kit for Hisun 700

Does anyone know which JBS Clutch kit will work on the Hisun 700. I talked to JBS and he said he knows they sell them to Hisun owners and the 660 kits will fit the 700 but he's not sure which items in the kit Hisun owners have had success with. Not sure if there are any other Hisun forums where I could find this information.

Anyone here used a JBS kit for a Hisun?

Thanks

Yes, the Rhino 660 and the the hisun are pretty well interchangeable in about everything I've run into. I just shimmed my clutch with a shim kit I purchased online and changed the spring out with a stage 2 HD, and it works great for a fraction of the money. I done this same thing on a grizzly 660 4 wheeler with 29in x 12x12 outlaws on all 4 wheels, and my tires never stopped spinning in the mud but when i was stuck it was stuck. I actually never burnt out a belt with this setup either. Just figured I would mention in case saving some money and a better turnout or very close. Sorry, but one more thing is you can change out every other weight in the clutch from like a 450cc that lighter or you can go heavy, and that will change when it engages. 

Hope this was some help and not me just rambling on and on. Lol

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply.

I'm going to contact hunter performance and talk to Todd I believe is his name. Hopefully he has some experience with what he offers for Rhino's that have been used on the Hisun. I'll report back what I find. I talked to JBS and didn't have any direct experience with Hisun's except he said he's sold quite a few kits to Hisun owners. I wasn't comfortable with spending that amount of money without some direct experience with what worked.

Do you have the link to the ship kit you purchased and where you purchased the spring?

Thanks,

Shim Clutch Mod Fit for Yamaha Grizzly,Rhino, Bruin, Wolverine, Kodiak and Viking SUPR Kit 350 450 700 550 660 400 600 https://a.co/d/9Um0i1n

Here is a spring. They have different colors for different stiffness to fine tune your clutch.

Secondary Driven Clutch Spring - Gold For 2004 Yamaha YXR66F Rhino 660 Utility Vehicle https://a.co/d/ie14zs9

Just something I picked up on over the years. If you can find some 14 gram roller weights and replace every other factory roller weights (18 grams) that will help with your clutch engagement even more. It's simple and don't pack them full of grease cause it will go straight to your belt. Just a small amount only where you have to.

My other question would be installing the shim moves the outer clutch closer to the engine thus raising the belt higher in the sheave producing more low-end torque? This change would help for better climbing ability along with the higher-pressure spring on the secondary clutch that would also help in the same manner? How noticeable was the change in climbing/takeoff etc... for you? Do you ride in hilly areas?

11 hours ago, Andy Dickerson said:

My other question would be installing the shim moves the outer clutch closer to the engine thus raising the belt higher in t e sheave producing more low-end torque? Th s change would help for better climbing ability along with the higher-pressure spring on the secondary clutch that would also help in the same manner? How noticeable was the change in climbing/takeoff etc... for you? Do you ride in hi  toranly areas?

Like I said I had 4 28x12x12 outlaw 2's and I could drop off in a pretty thick deep mud hole and it would go or dig itself stuck bad but never stop turning ties and never burnt a belt up. Now what I have done is push the thickness of my shim a little to much and ran my belt off the top of the  clutch. I guess and blew the belt to pieces. I'm not sure if I really ran the belt off over the clutch from it riding to high but if not I guess it may have squeezed or just put much tension on the belt. But at about 60mph when it blew the belt that 2015 700hs crew. I didn't know  what all the smoke and popping was. It was wrapped around everything inside the clutch cover. I was playing with shims at that point and trying to find what I liked. It wasn't 1.8 either. I've always found shim with the thickness of 1 or 1.2 (what ever measuring system is used) works best for me but they are all different. Make sure you still have some threads left on the clutch housing bolt threads after shimming. Very important.