Quantcast

2019 Coleman 550 700-7 code at startup

I’m getting a 700-7 every startup. I’m having to change the plug every 100 miles on 93 octane gas. I got a lower numbered plug that is supposed to burn hotter. I’m wondering why that comes up every time I start it and if it’s related? I included a picture of the code or whatever it is. I haven’t seen the code in the owners manual or the hisun shop manual I have. 

IMG_0279.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

That's not a code, that's the model... HS700-revision 7

The million dollar question is why does yours think its a 700cc? you sure its a 550?

These things are rougher on plugs than a normal vehicle, just like most small engines. Have you checked the valve clearances? Have you noticed the higher heat range plug resisting fouling any better? Do you have too much oil in the crankcase? You shouldn't need 93 octane.

I know that I shouldn’t need 93 octane because I read what type of gasoline to put in it in the hisun maintenance manual. I appreciate the answer about the numbers I’m seeing at start up. I’m assuming it’s a 550 because 4 people and a 15 miles trip may have cracked a head. The plug in for the temperature sensor was siliconed when I purchased it & it never showed that it was hot but there is definitely too much liquid in the oil. Milky over full & wouldn’t burn when changed. I changed it & my daughter drove it a few miles & it was milky again and barely over full. The number I think on the plug is an 8 I installed a 7 but I haven’t been running it due to cracked head or head gasket. Thanx I thought those numbers meant I needed a new computer. 700 means my display or computer might have come from a 700. What does -7 mean? I might adjust the idle but it is close to correct. It will almost idle now on 93 octane and I didn’t think it had enough grounds so I added a couple & I can tell it is almost idling like you’d want. The only reason I added grounds is because we bought it & it wouldn’t start due to mice chewing on the wiring harness. I paid to have it fixed. It would have probably been cheaper to get a new harness but the guy that said he could fix it didn’t do it right. So I’ve been working on it here in my 40 x 60 metal building. I’m just about to pull it back in and start taking it apart to replace the head(or less likely with my luck the head gasket) and temp sensor that screws into the top of the engine.

• 3 weeks later...

U r probably right now that I think about it. My father bought it at a discount at tractor supply. It wouldn’t start and I think mice had been chewing on the wires. Maybe they changed the display if it wouldn’t work after some chewing?  It also had a damaged connector at the temp sensor going in the engine or I wouldn’t have cracked a head. I’m assuming it’s cracked with the oil full of coolant I think def full(milky & doesn’t burn when it comes out). I found silicone on the connector and I never got it over 2 notches on the display. I was wondering how I cracked a head with no over heating and i remembered I didn’t get both sides of the damaged connector and forgot about it. That’s how I f’d it up