Quantcast

DO NOT BUY A LANDMASTER UTV!!!!!!

I purchased a new 2023 Landmaster UTV L4 in October of 2023.  UTV didn't seem to have as much power of the demo L4 that I drove but figured once it broke in it would be better.  After about a week the unit started bogging down backfiring and stopping.  Gas fumes really bad, wait a few minutes and it would start up again.  Brought it back to the dealer and after keeping it for a few weeks said he couldn't find anything wrong with it.  Got it back home and it started acting up again, brought it back to dealer a week later and he said he found couple things that might cause it to do run bad and he was able to replicate the issue but didn't really know what was wrong.  Got it back home again after being at dealer for several weeks and the unit started running bad again right away.  Brought it back to dealer and he went back and forth with Kohler about possible fixes but just checked somethings and try to swap a few parts but still runs bad.  I called Landmaster HQ to speak with someone about a refund and was told that was handled at the dealer level.  Dealer called Landmaster and they told him they didn't do refunds or exchanges especially with units that had problems.  The dealer is now trying to get a new engine to but I have not heard anything as of yet.  I did file complaint with Better Business Bureau and they accepted my claim and reached out to Landmaster.  The National Service Manager called me and said the he had been contacted by the BBB about the complaint and he would look into it.  I told him that I would just like to have my down payment of $2,000.00 returned and never mind the over $1,000.00 I have paid in notes for a UTV that I cannot even ride on without hoping it gets me around the neighborhood.  I have found out that the 2024 Landmaster UTVs will have Vanguard engines due to issues with the Kohler engines.  Very disappointed in what is "Proudly Made in the USA" and the way Landmaster has treated this disabled veteran! 

• 5 weeks later...

So, I got a new engine installed right before the Easter break and was excited to have it for the kids to ride that were coming over Sunday.  Unit is running worse than it did before, instead of running right 50% of the time now its more like 30%.  The backfiring that its doing drives my poor dog crazy.  And the drive axel going to the front wheels is rubbing on a part of the engine, and both boots are damaged to where you can see the bearings.  The dealer I got it from is primarily a lawn company and his busy season is starting now, said it would be about a month before he can check it out.  Haven't heard back from Landmaster HQ as of yet but I keep reaching out to them.  All we want is the UTV we are paying for to work as advertised so we can enjoy our UTV riding.  Will update soon as I hear anything.

Chuck 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.