Quantcast

ruesch95

just some info.

Sorry that I havent been around much. Been really busy with work and other projects.

I'll start out with what happened in November. On the gas tank, there is a pick-up for the fuel delivery and the return, and the nipple that the delivery hooks too busted because of the cold (I think). Been searching for months to find a replacement or one that would work with it. Finlay decided to fix it with some parts from my local Napa. I got 5/16" fuel line connectors and drilled out and put that in a put some silicon around it. Better than new!

Then, my battery crapped out on me, went every were that sells battery's within 20 mile radius and couldnt find anything! Then I found a big riding lawn mower battery for $36 at Checker Auto (Oriley, etc.) figured if it wouldn't work I could use it on my mower. it fits perfect and starts and turns over the Ruesch great! Im going to get another one to put under the seat to run the lights and radio. Then do a battery isolator .

So for the Ruesch owners out there whos dealers are gone(like mine) or are flakes and cant find some OEM parts, here ya go.

Sorry that I havent been around much. Been really busy with work and other projects.

I'll start out with what happened in November. On the gas tank, there is a pick-up for the fuel delivery and the return, and the nipple that the delivery hooks too busted because of the cold (I think). Been searching for months to find a replacement or one that would work with it. Finlay decided to fix it with some parts from my local Napa. I got 5/16" fuel line connectors and drilled out and put that in a put some silicon around it. Better than new!

Then, my battery crapped out on me, went every were that sells battery's within 20 mile radius and couldnt find anything! Then I found a big riding lawn mower battery for $36 at Checker Auto (Oriley, etc.) figured if it wouldn't work I could use it on my mower. it fits perfect and starts and turns over the Ruesch great! Im going to get another one to put under the seat to run the lights and radio. Then do a battery isolator .

So for the Ruesch owners out there whos dealers are gone(like mine) or are flakes and cant find some OEM parts, here ya go.

Welcome back. Riding lawn mower batteries are great. That is what I use in my race cars. Watch the silicon, may breakdown from the gas and leak.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Welcome back. Riding lawn mower batteries are great. That is what I use in my race cars. Watch the silicon, may breakdown from the gas and leak.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Thanks! The battery works great! I wish I would have used these kinds of batteries when I was racing.

The silicone is Loctight Gas and Oil resistant adhesive.

Thought I would give a little bit of a update on the battery and fuel tank fix. Both working well! The battery turns the Ruesch over fine in 30 degree weather (what it was yesterday here).

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.