Quantcast

ruesch95

Dual batteries ?

Any one done this? I want to add another one for my lights and the radio.

I was looking at getting a battery isolator from Checker auto for like $35. Will this work?

Any one done this? I want to add another one for my lights and the radio.

I was looking at getting a battery isolator from Checker auto for like $35. Will this work?

Yes it will work, but depending on where the alternator regulator picks up it's sensed voltage, which is probably internal, the isolator (assuming it is solid state) will cost you about .7 to 1.2 volt depending on load. Another method would be to use 2 relays that get their pull in power from the the alternator, One heard of one disadvantage to relays and that was when one battery is dead, you start for a short time and turn off, during that time the dead battery sucked most of the life out of the good one. Only heard of this once.

With the recent development of the schottky diode, that would be the way to go. It only has a forward voltage drop of about .3 to .5, very acceptable.

kinarfi

PS, If you want to make your own for around $10, PM me.

http://www.vishay.com/docs/94246/94246.pdf just under $3 each, you'll need 2 and chunk of aluminum to mount them to.

Yes it will work, but depending on where the alternator regulator picks up it's sensed voltage, which is probably internal, the isolator (assuming it is solid state) will cost you about .7 to 1.2 volt depending on load. Another method would be to use 2 relays that get their pull in power from the the alternator, One heard of one disadvantage to relays and that was when one battery is dead, you start for a short time and turn off, during that time the dead battery sucked most of the life out of the good one. Only heard of this once.

With the recent development of the schottky diode, that would be the way to go. It only has a forward voltage drop of about .3 to .5, very acceptable.

kinarfi

PS, If you want to make your own for around $10, PM me.

http://www.vishay.com/docs/94246/94246.pdf just under $3 each, you'll need 2 and chunk of aluminum to mount them to.

Thanks for all of the info Kinarfi! Once I get ready too do it, I'll let you know. But I got a lot bigger issue to deal with now.

........ - UTV BOARD - Side X Side and UTV Forum

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Osney
      I have a HiSun Vector E1 (as they're called here in the UK) and have been running it for about a year now. It has an annoying problem that my dealer has not yet managed to fix.
      On a full charge, at the start of the day, it works fine - albeit not the quickest machine in the world. I use it on my hill farm here in Scotland, and it has to climb a bit, although nothing that would leave you out of breath walking. The E1 copes with these hills no problem, until it's done about four or five miles, then it starts to struggle noticeably, and throws of the 4C53 error on the dashboard readout - low voltage according to the manual. Sometimes it does this even while the charge level indicator is showing a full charge.
      It's been back to the dealers twice now, and they've replaced all of the batteries. I've emailed the UK distributor for HiSun in the hope of an answer, but as yet have had no response. My dealer is trying to get an answer from them too, before taking the machine back to try and fix it again. Meantime I can only use it for a short while each day.
      I'm no electrician, so has anyone on here any idea what might be going on? It seems that it is struggling to draw enough power from the battery pack going uphill, leading to a voltage drop that trips the error code. But if that's the case, then the E1 is surely not fit for purpose.
    • By paraord
      Hi all, I am looking at putting in a dual battery setup to my 2015 Mule 4010. Anyone put one of these in before? Most of the research has pointed me to the True Am kit. Didnt know if anyone had done this or had a battery strap down tray they recommend or anything.  Between the Winch and the Stereo...and upcoming lights I want to be able to make sure it always starts.

Thanks in advance,
      -Andrew
    • By Akovia
      Our new Sector E1 electric has 45 miles on the odo.  It frequently goes into shutdown mode after a few minutes of putzing around the farm. Instrument panel gives a flashing message “45C”. I presume that this means the batteries are overheated. The temperature indicator is maxxed. No stunt driving involved, just the grandkids bumping along in low range across the pasture. Of course, the owners manual does not reference this condition. We park it for a while and it returns to normal; at least until the next overheat. Has anyone else been bothered by this?
    • By Gorj
      Installed a radio/media player in my new Hisun Sector E1. Got a universal under dash kit from Amazon for $13, a radio/media player from Walmart for $17, and two speaker kits with grills from a friend for $10. Had some wire, connectors, and screws lying around. Mounted the radio in the plastic under dash kit. The radio is amazing for the price. It is only about two inches deep, but has Bluetooth, USB, and AM/FM radio. Mounted the speakers in the panel under the seat. Ran the wiring through the drive shaft tunnel. Installed a in-line fuse for the + wire and tapped in to the head lamp switch for the ign on wire. Tapped in to a ground wire in the wire loom behind the switches. I use this to play my tunes from a flash drive. I did not even bother to connect an antenna to it. Because the E1 is electric there is no engine noise to drown out the music!

• By wrfpd2
      hi folks, I'm kinda new to these machines & am a new member. My question  is this thing isn't charging the battery. When I run it it will last about 30 min then dies. Any ideas anybody? I ordered a new  rectifier but it hasn't arrived yet