Quantcast

Sign in to follow this  
Kinarfi

Well That was STUPID

Well That was STUPID, evidently, my speedo problem and my oil pressure gauge problem were related. I had the connectors for each swapped. One problem is that the speedo, oil pressure, fuel gauge and probably the temp and voltmeter and tach all have the same plug and can be interchanged. I took a black magic marker to one, a red to the other and left one unmarked. Hopefully, I won't make that stupid mistake again. I did determine that we have a 255 ohm pressure sender with a switch in it for the oil pressure lite.

Also, that black wire protector tubing works great for keeping water trapped, as I was tracing the oil pressure wire, I opened a few of the tubes and had water run out. I eventually plan to redo all the wiring and get rid of all the extra length.

Kinarfi

Question, Should I pin this so we can all share our stupid stunts? That way we learn from each others mistakes.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Forum Topics

• Joyner commando new rear problem

I recently bought a rear for my cammando from joyner and somethings not right the cv axles fit fine but the output shaft is different any one ele run into this problem or have an idea to make it work? Im gonna email joyner today and see if they can help but i figured someone on here might know something.

By Bryan T Mumink Jr, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 16 replies
    • Speedo Calibrate

So now that I have the seat belt extension problem solved, when I'm riding the UXV, I look at the speedometer and it shows a whopping 50mph  (not kph)....Sure doesnt feel like Im going that fast so I clocked it with a GPS.... At 40mph on the speedometer, I'm reading 35mph on the GPS.   At 50mph, Im reading 38mph... This shows that not only is the speedometer reading fast, (Read also putting mileage on the machine at an accelerated rate) but the degree of error changes with the different speeds... Calculation wise it reads 26% fast at 50mph(on Speedo) and 20% fast at 40mph (on Speedo). So, the question for the group is, How does one make the Speedo more accurate on these machines..... I have read all kinds of solutions- the most hilarious one I read was to go down to a sign shop and have them make little decals to change the numbers on a manual speedo....This one of course is digital..   I'm more interested in making the odometer more accurate as since they want you to do service work of some kind every 500 miles, it makes a lot of sense to at least get 500 miles between the service points- not an inflated mileage age...  

By Heck, in Kymco UTV SxS Forum

• 3 replies
    • 1100 Sand Viper Fuel Pressure

Does anyone know what the recommended fuel pressure readings are for an 1100 Sand Viper?  I recently had the gas tank and fuel pump replaced and now the engine is very difficult to start and when first depressing the gas pedal the engine bogs down to the point of almost dying unless you quickly depress the pedal to almost full throttle.  The readings I'm looking for are. 1.  Pressure reading when key is turned on and fuel pump is engaged but engine is not started. 2. Pressure reading when engine is idling. 3. Pressure reading at full throttle. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.    

By dewillia, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 5 replies
    • Neighbors mechanical problem.

Old guy that lives down the road is having a problem with his box side by side. It'll start and run for about five to ten minutes then bogs down and dies. It will not start up till it cools down and then it will start fine and do it again. Gauge shows not overheating and the oil and antifreeze is topped off. Any suggestions on what it can be? Just trying to help him out.

By baydog2, in UTV General Discussion

• 2 replies
    • Stupid Question Alert!! Removing Hisun Sector 250 Seat?

How do you remove the seat bottom?  If it's like most bench seats, you just pull up on it to detach the fasteners, but I don't want to break anything if that's not correct.
      I've pulled up on mine, but it's either holding tighter than I'm willing to pull without knowledge of what I'm dealing with, or that's not how it's attached.

Owners Manual doesn't mention how to remove the seat.  It only says "remove seat" in a few places.

By DigitalDan, in Hisun UTV SxS Forum

• 4 replies