Quantcast

Ernie

Trooper Clutch Adjustment

It's me, Ernie again. I searched high and low for a topic on this before I posted this.

I have no more clutch adjustment by the clutch fork, it's grinding gears.

I unbolted the clutch fork, moved it one notch closer to the hydraulic for adjustment.

It caused too much throw and is now riding the clutch and RPMS are going nuts.

I put it back the way it was and am going to adjust the upper part.

I just cut the firewall to get clearance to access it from the front.

There is no more adjustment from the stock position and is grinding gears.

Does anyone have any suggestions about adjusting? Any and all ideas will be most helpful.

Thanks,

Ernie

New Clutch! Hate to say it but sounds like the fix!

rocmoc n AZ/Baja

That is the one answer I was hoping not to hear! Great angry.gif

Thanks for confirming my suspisions.

Ernie

Be sure you mark all the sensors & electrical plugs WELL when you pull the engine. Best tip I can give ya! Read my engine pull & clutch post of last year for tip with throw-out bearing.

rocmoc n AZ/Baja

Be sure you mark all the sensors & electrical plugs WELL when you pull the engine. Best tip I can give ya! Read my engine pull & clutch post of last year for tip with throw-out bearing.

rocmoc n AZ/Baja

I found that post while I was looking for a post re adjustments. Thanks for the help!

Ernie

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• 3 replies
    • Grinding noise

Greetings, I am new to this forum, but hopeful that someone has a solution to my problem.  I have a 1998 Kawasaki Mule 2510 4x4 gas powered.  I has approximately 800 hours on machine.  I purchased the Mule new and use it on my farm.  My problem is that when in 2 wheel drive and I either decelerate or go down an incline I get a grinding noise  in the area of the front differential.  If I shift the Mule into neutral the grinding stops.  I have drained the lube from the front differential and checked for metal fines by feel and with a magnet. None.  Put in new fluid. Checked the 2 to 4 wheel drive shift cable and it appeared to be a bit loose so I adjusted it to specs according to my shop manual. Still grinds upon deceleration.  Physically got under the Mule and moved the 2 to 4 wheel drive lever on the transmission and can hear the shift "dog" moving inside the case.  Just as a check, I secured the lever at the transmission in the 2 wheel drive position to make sure it was not trying to jump partially into 4 wheel drive. No change in noise.  Is it possible the internal shift "fork" that moves the machine from 2 to 4 wheel drive is bent?  Mule is definitely not in 4 wheel drive with lever on transmission securely tied in 2 wheel drive.  Local dealers (2) only want to throw parts at the machine hoping to find cause.  Not my idea of service. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My next step is to totally remove the drive shaft that powers the front differential and see if the problem still persists. Thanks in advance for any input.

By Lloyd Snider, in Kawasaki UTV SxS Forum

• 0 replies
    • Long Clutch Cable needed...?

I need a long clutch cable like (7-8ft) for my 800cc buggy and cannot find one anywhere. Does anyone have thoughts on where such an item could be found? Automotive cables are too short...

By KTMspeedFreak, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 5 replies
    • 1 step closer

Got the piston pulled today to hone the cylinder.  My friend's coming over tomorrow or Saturday to hone it.  Gonna go ahead and replace the piston pin and snap rings.  

By Travis, in Kawasaki UTV SxS Forum

• 3 replies
    • Polaris Primary & Secondary Clutch for 2012-2104 Diesel Ranger 900

Polaris #1323023 Primary clutch , Polaris #1322986 Secondary clutch, and Polaris#3211135 drive belt for sale. Only have approx. 250 miles on them. Will fit 2012-2014 Diesel Ranger 900 and Diesel Ranger Crew 900. Removed from my 2014 Ranger 900 diesel. Very clean, like new. $600 plus shipping

By Chimolinski, in UTV Off-Road Classifieds - Buy & Sell

• 0 replies