Quantcast

Ernie

Trooper Clutch Adjustment

It's me, Ernie again. I searched high and low for a topic on this before I posted this.

I have no more clutch adjustment by the clutch fork, it's grinding gears.

I unbolted the clutch fork, moved it one notch closer to the hydraulic for adjustment.

It caused too much throw and is now riding the clutch and RPMS are going nuts.

I put it back the way it was and am going to adjust the upper part.

I just cut the firewall to get clearance to access it from the front.

There is no more adjustment from the stock position and is grinding gears.

Does anyone have any suggestions about adjusting? Any and all ideas will be most helpful.

Thanks,

Ernie

New Clutch! Hate to say it but sounds like the fix!

rocmoc n AZ/Baja

That is the one answer I was hoping not to hear! Great angry.gif

Thanks for confirming my suspisions.

Ernie

Be sure you mark all the sensors & electrical plugs WELL when you pull the engine. Best tip I can give ya! Read my engine pull & clutch post of last year for tip with throw-out bearing.

rocmoc n AZ/Baja

Be sure you mark all the sensors & electrical plugs WELL when you pull the engine. Best tip I can give ya! Read my engine pull & clutch post of last year for tip with throw-out bearing.

rocmoc n AZ/Baja

I found that post while I was looking for a post re adjustments. Thanks for the help!

Ernie

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.