Quantcast

rocmoc

Silver Bullet or Other Aftermarket Vendors?

Hay Silver Bullet & Others. How about some performance items for people who do not want to go turbo? These engines are so de-tuned there should be a lot of other performance opportunities. OR just a flat out stronger engine like a Subaru or Toyota! Putting money into this engine is like building a flat head V8 when you could be running a stock Chevy 327 that would still have more performance even after you have spent a ton of money!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Torquer cam. I may go this route even before the engine needs any work. As Lenny has said the port matches are horrible!

rocmoc n AZ/Baja/NM

Torquer cam. I may go this route even before the engine needs any work. As Lenny has said the port matches are horrible!

rocmoc n AZ/Baja/NM

now your talking

rocmoc n AZ/Baja/NM

A torquer cam would be nice. I wouldn't do it unless you do the port matching. After all, the cam helps it breath better but doesn't do much when you have a hornets nest in the ports. You will have the heads all but off to put a cam in it, might as well pull it and do the ports. For those that don't know to do it, make a gasket to fit the largest port side then lay it reversed on the mating part and match the part to the gasket. Some places you may have to do this back and forth between sides to get it all matched. This is sort of the basis of it then you can open up the ports a bit if you choose.

Lenny

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By johnpeter
      2018 CAN-AM MAVERICK X3 XRS TURBO 4X4 On Ebay
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-CAN-AM-MAVERICK-X3-XRS-TURBO-4X4-OFF-ROAD-TOY-ATV-POLARIS/363146956767?

• By Randy Stevens
      Hey all, I bought a Hisun 550 back in June of 2019. After 6 weeks of ownership, this machine took to sputtering when started and under power. I checked everything I could think of before I took it back to place of purchase....(rural king), since it had a one year warranty.   They kept it almost two months stating they were waiting to get info from Hisun to rectify the issue (supposedly faulty drivers seat belt). I was told by the tech that they replace seat belt harness and cured the problem. It did! Ran just fine again for almost a year and now the very same issue has returned. After doing a little investigating on my own, I noticed that rural king did not replace the seat belt harness at all.  The wires to seat belt connector was cut and spliced and taped back together. Now I’m not real sure what the real problem is as that tech is no longer with company and can’t seem to locate the past work order for my machine.  Hisun customer service is non existent . I’m on my own and begging for help. Im mechanically inclined but if this is an electricical issue, I’m screwed! No warranty left. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
    • By j.fulciniti
      Hello Folks - newbie here with my first post so go easy on me.  I picked up a Buck 400 in May 2020 direct from Massimo when they were doing a closeout sale on the 400 models.  I read the reviews and was skeptical. 
      We live in a golf cart community  we do not plan any off roading - just some very mild work tasks like hauling firewood / brush etc.  Honestly, all we do is cruise around our neighborhood roads.  I pulled the trigger b/c the price was cheaper than a 2WD lifted golf cart and the Buck  had way more features.
      We have a few steep hills and after about 20 - 30 minutes of cruising, my check engine light comes on.  It only happens when we are going up or down one of the hills .  We head straight home and things seem fine the next day.  Light never comes on unless we tackle multiple hills during one ride.
      Should I be worried?  
      PS - Unit is 4 months old and has 258 miles on it - barely broken in.  I've yet to go full throttle on a flat or up a hill. 
    • By johnpeter
      2018 Can-Am Maverick x3 Turbo R XRC (Rock Crawler Edition, 72") On Ebay
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-Can-Am-Maverick-x3-Turbo-R-XRC-Rock-Crawler-Edition-72-FOR-SALE/224165383826?