Quantcast

Swing arm needs to be stronger

Kinarfi

Went to the dunes the other day and had a few hard slams into the dunes and on a few other rides I ended up sitting on one front wheel and the other side rear wheel. I was looking at my rig from the rear and it looked like the right wheel was leaning in, so I took the wheel off, undid the spindle and axle and put a long pipe through the trailing arm where the axle comes through and pried on it until I bent the pipe,1 1/4", then I jacked the Trooper up as high as I could, put the pipe through again and blocked the pipe up under the Trooper with some wood and let the jack down and pushed down on the other end until I bent the pipe again. I put every thing back together again and the wheel looked a lot better for being straight up and down. I did notice that the round tube just inside the lower spindle mount was now dented.

What is the easiest way to strengthen the swing arm?

Kinarfi

Sorry, no pics

Went to the dunes the other day and had a few hard slams into the dunes and on a few other rides I ended up sitting on one front wheel and the other side rear wheel. I was looking at my rig from the rear and it looked like the right wheel was leaning in, so I took the wheel off, undid the spindle and axle and put a long pipe through the trailing arm where the axle comes through and pried on it until I bent the pipe,1 1/4", then I jacked the Trooper up as high as I could, put the pipe through again and blocked the pipe up under the Trooper with some wood and let the jack down and pushed down on the other end until I bent the pipe again. I put every thing back together again and the wheel looked a lot better for being straight up and down. I did notice that the round tube just inside the lower spindle mount was now dented.

What is the easiest way to strengthen the swing arm?

Kinarfi

Sorry, no pics

The easiest way I know is to buy the chrome moly trailing arms from silver bullet only 850.00 and if I had your money I would buy two pairs so you can give me a pair since I'm a poor hillbilly lol !!!

The easiest way I know is to buy the chrome moly trailing arms from silver bullet only 850.00 and if I had your money I would buy two pairs so you can give me a pair since I'm a poor hillbilly lol !!!

Sounds like a good idea and probably the easy route. I was going to start a help kinarfi buy new equip page because I'm so destitute that I thought everyone would want to send me money, but when my wife fell down and hurt her self while laugh at me, I decided not to, didn't want anyone else hurt. Would you like to be my first contributor? :D

Kinarfi

When I poured the concrete floor in my garage I installed two Tie-downs in the concrete floor. These are used in Body Shops for straightening frames and other heavy work. You will have to visit and we will tie your Trooper down and use a jack to straighten the swing arm. My dad was a Body man and I grew up in the buz. That is what I am going to do to mine, both of mine are in neg camber, but not until I install the new shocks in their new location on the swing arm. Both Lenny and I have move the lower shock mount further out toward the wheel to more centralize the impact to the swing arm. That is the real fix! Much cheaper than new a swing arm.

rocmoc n AZ

Sounds like a good idea and probably the easy route. I was going to start a help kinarfi buy new equip page because I'm so destitute that I thought everyone would want to send me money, but when my wife fell down and hurt her self while laugh at me, I decided not to, didn't want anyone else hurt. Would you like to be my first contributor? :D

Kinarfi

I'll stop by Fort Knox and make a withdraw for you