Quantcast

Kinarfi

Greasing the Front Drive Line Carrier Bearing

Where is the zerk fitting for the carrier bearing on the front drive line and what's the best way to get to it? Cut a hole in the cover and put a plate over it?

Thanks,

Kinarfi

Just pull the cover off the drivline to the front / the shifter cover. The bearing is between the seats. I had to remove the grease fitting and add a 90 degree elbow. No way could I get a grease gun to the fitting.

rocmoc n AZ

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Robbie Wyre
      I'm working on a 2005 Cub Cadet side by side and I'm trying to remove the front two axles.  I have a slide hammer puller on the inner joint and with all my strength they will not budge.   Anyone have the same issues and is there something I'm missing or a trick of some sort to pull these out?   Any suggestions please and thank you.
    • By paraord
      Hey guys,

While installing the High lifter lift kit in my 2015 Mule 4010 I nicked the piston, strut rod, the shiney rod in the middle that I cant remember the name (no coffee yet this morning). I knew the nick was deep enough to eventually tear up the seal and she'd let loose. Well 3 months or so down the road here we are, its blown out. 

My question is how do I know which strut I have? I see 2 listed in the exploded 45023-1006 and the 45023-7503. The difference is the spring rate or K value. Seeing as I have high lifter springs does it matter the K value? And if that's the case can I use any of the 45023 prefix struts from various other models? 

Thanks all,

Andrew
    • By Akovia
      The  dashboard display  shows a blinking “o”. Four wheel drive does not engage. The accustomed engagement sound is no longer heard. Has anyone a suggestion on where I might troubleshoot? Thanks. 
    • By josephb
      I've had to remove and replace a couple axles in the past. Now I just can't remember how I did it. Yes, the spindle and hub is removed. Any trick to help would be greatly appreciated. T I A.
    • By Lenny
      I'm not trying to trample flatbeds post about the front ball joints being able to pull out. I just couldn't find his post to reply there. Sorry flatbed. Flatbed found that the bolts holding the ball joints in place weren't close enough to the ball joint stem to fit into it's groove, thus the ball joint could work it's way out. This happened to flatbed and Kinarfi. It could be very dangerous if this happened at the wrong time. I finally got around to checking mine today. The top of the ball joint on the front left had already pulled out 1/8". The bottom one was still ok. I did as flatbed sujested and drilled them out and refitted them with new bolts. Both joints on the right side did not need any work as they were secured ok by the original bolts. To reiterate what flatbed said, be sure to address this potential failure. Just redo them and don't wait for signs of them pulling out.
      Lenny