Quantcast

Lenny

New trail selection date request

Kinarfi has a bit to go in getting his engine ready for our trail exploritory trip to south of Hanksville, UT. I'm ready but not as ready as I wanted to be because of loosing a few days do to my injury. Feeling OK now, thanks everyone. The weather south of Hanksville is running from the low 30s to the low 50s and we really were hoping for about 10 degrees warmer. Trail selection date was set to be April 1st. Would everyone be OK with setting this date forward say to April 18th. I do think that April 1st should be kept as a standard selection date each year unless an reason comes up for an exception. My current feeling is either south of Hanksville or Moab. Being that they are both fairly close to each other, those planning on coming from farther away should be able to plan for either one without changing their iterary. What do you think?

Lenny

Kinarfi has a bit to go in getting his engine ready for our trail exploritory trip to south of Hanksville, UT. I'm ready but not as ready as I wanted to be because of loosing a few days do to my injury. Feeling OK now, thanks everyone. The weather south of Hanksville is running from the low 30s to the low 50s and we really were hoping for about 10 degrees warmer. Trail selection date was set to be April 1st. Would everyone be OK with setting this date forward say to April 18th. I do think that April 1st should be kept as a standard selection date each year unless an reason comes up for an exception. My current feeling is either south of Hanksville or Moab. Being that they are both fairly close to each other, those planning on coming from farther away should be able to plan for either one without changing their iterary. What do you think?

Lenny

Okay by me.We appreciate you guys taking the time to do this.Just hope the dates in June dont change.

Okay by me.We appreciate you guys taking the time to do this.Just hope the dates in June dont change.

June dates should be solid.

Lenny

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• renegade part wanted

We are looking for good used/new ecu for 2009 joyner renagade 800cc with 3-cyl Chery engine............p/n#5WY5102E...........please let us know if anyone has Thanks "Scotty" Wcmotorsports.ca

By Scott Cerny, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 2 replies
    • Wanted: Trooper Axle Parts

I am interested in any old trooper axle parts you may have lying around. Please let me know if your want to sell them.  Backstory: Hey everyone. Last trip out to moab I climbed a wall on poison spyder Mesa while 2 rzr xp1000's and three can am x3 xrc's watched me and didn't dare try. After doing it once I pulled around to show them it wasn't a fluke. One on the can am x3 xrc drivers just looked at me and said "that's steep". On the second try I spread the bell on the left rear axle. I made the climb but now the inner cage slips inside making a loud popping noise as twisting the boot. I mainly just need the inner bell but I am interested in anything you have. 

By 2scoops, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 0 replies
    • Polaris Ranger 800 11-16 4x4 6x6 Crew Engine Motor Rebuilt

Polaris Ranger 800 11-16 4x4 6x6 Crew Engine Motor Rebuilt On Ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/Polaris-Ranger-800-11-16-4x4-6x6-Crew-Engine-Motor-Rebuilt/361534749653?  

By johnpeter, in UTV Off-Road Classifieds - Buy & Sell

• 0 replies
    • Engine Swap Thread

Hey Everyone, I’ve created a few other threads and a bit disappointed at the limited responses the forums seem to get. So rather than asking about an engine swap i’d like to share some information with others here in an effort to generate some discussion! So i’ve done much research on engine swaps for my 800cc buggy, and my ideal swap would be a suzuki swift gti engine, however they seem to be rare and very expensive if you can ever locate one. The only ones i’ve seen are going for $3500+ which is completely rediculaous becuase the purpose of an engine swap should be to get an inexpensive engine that parts are available for, the suzuki swift is neither. So in my research, i’m specifically looking for a naturally aspirated lightweight aluminum engine that produces “acceptable” power. Far as I can tell such a thing rarely exists in the US, which is probably why the G13b engines are so redicualously overpriced. What I have found, and present to you is a  Mitsubishi Mirage 1.2L It’s an all aluminium, lightweight 3 cylinder NA engine that’s producing 74HP and 74ft lbs torque. Not crazy power numbers I know, BUT for an NA 170lb readily available, AND cheap engine those are not bad in its stock form. Certainly those of you looking to get a little crazier than I can drop a turbo in and up those base numbers.  Far as I can tell in my research No one has done this engine swap to date, so I suppose I will have to go fist... I am not quite ready to take on a project of this magnitude but will likely make this my winter/spring project and hope to have it completed by early/late spring next year. I will of course document the install and process once it gets under way. In the meantime please feel free to use this thread to discuss other possible engine swap projects or ideas for such! I love me some buggy action and can’t wait to get this swap underway.

By KTMspeedFreak, in UTV General Discussion

• 0 replies
    • Engine Swap in 800 what do I need to know?

So i’ve been looking into various options with going forced induction or a new chery etc but having a carb setup it’s kinda tricky for me... Not to mention the cost of prob 2.5k minimum.  So ive been looking for car engines that would be the right cost, availability , size power etc.  I found some great cheap options from Misubishi and Chevy, the 1.2L mirage and spark engines respectively but they are both efi. Question 1 how much more difficult will it be to switch over to EFI from my carb setup?  Question 2 what are some common problem areas I may encounter? both engines should fit and i’m sure i’ll have to weld up some custom engine mounts. What about a diff and cv joints? anything else I may not be considering with a swap of this magnitude?

By KTMspeedFreak, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 0 replies