Quantcast

Trailer ramp assist

I'm in need of ramp assist for my utv trailer. I found a few, just ckg to see if anyone here knows anything about which is good,or better.Or has found & used different one. I can't lift much or bend very well, sooo, I need something to help? Wife won't lift it either!!! : )

Quig

http://www.easternmarine.com/Double-Barrel-Trailer-Gate-Assist-RA27C--0/

http://www.easternmarine.com/BUYERS-EZ-Gate-Trailer-Tailgate-Lift-Assist-5201000/

If you have one of the trailers with the heavy expanded metal ramps, it is a pain. My utility trailer has one and it is everything I can do to left it at this time. Who knows in another couple of years. I have seen people add a metal upright post with a wheel at the top. Then mount a boat wench on the side and routed thu the wheel. The wench does all the work.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

If you have one of the trailers with the heavy expanded metal ramps, it is a pain. My utility trailer has one and it is everything I can do to left it at this time. Who knows in another couple of years. I have seen people add a metal upright post with a wheel at the top. Then mount a boat wench on the side and routed thu the wheel. The wench does all the work.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Yep, expanded metal ramp, with extra braces for weight of trooper.. Did you look at examples i attached? Looks like they would work, I hope.. Gorilla lift is good, but you buy 2 at about 190.0 each,plus shipping. these I attached were only 119.95,& shipping..

Yep, expanded metal ramp, with extra braces for weight of trooper.. Did you look at examples i attached? Looks like they would work, I hope.. Gorilla lift is good, but you buy 2 at about 190.0 each,plus shipping. these I attached were only 119.95,& shipping..

You'l love the way I fixed mine, being handicapped, it was a must, It's simple and works great and I built it my self for under $100.00, and no, it's not let the wife do it!!!! :lol:

I'll take some pictures of and post them tomorrow. I got a winch like what you pull a boat onto it's trailer and added a bar with a pulley at the top to give the winch the mechanical advantage to lift the gate. Simple, no stooping to get the ramp, worst part is the time it takes, but only compared to that of a healthy 30 year old, but I'm 60+ and have the time, not the flexibility.

PS, almost missed this request because it wasn't on the joyner page.

You'l love the way I fixed mine, being handicapped, it was a must, It's simple and works great and I built it my self for under $100.00, and no, it's not let the wife do it!!!! :lol:

I'll take some pictures of and post them tomorrow. I got a winch like what you pull a boat onto it's trailer and added a bar with a pulley at the top to give the winch the mechanical advantage to lift the gate. Simple, no stooping to get the ramp, worst part is the time it takes, but only compared to that of a healthy 30 year old, but I'm 60+ and have the time, not the flexibility.

PS, almost missed this request because it wasn't on the joyner page.

Appreciate any ideas,,

PS, sorry,put it here to get attention of maybe other "old" utv people? : ) :rolleyes:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.