Quantcast

Anyone gonna be in Moab for Memorial Weekend?

Wish I could go. Maybe when I go in October you can get down there too. I am getting my seat and cage built next week so I will be more family friendly for the trip. Let me know how it goes and how the skid plate holds up.

I tried looking up sand flats on my mapping system and found a couple of them, all miles from Moab, got any gps info on sand flats?

Kinarfi

This is the trailhead to hells revenge which is at the entrance to sand flats state park, Start of Trail: 38°34'33.60"N, 109°31'21.34"W

Looked it up on Google Earth, no problem with a motorhome. When we did hells revenge we were coming from town and must of turn just before the campground. Don't remember even seeing it. Of course it was the first trail we were going to do so I was so jazzed just looking at the slickrock.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Wish I could go. Maybe when I go in October you can get down there too. I am getting my seat and cage built next week so I will be more family friendly for the trip. Let me know how it goes and how the skid plate holds up.

Yeah, keep me posted on October. Have you done Porcupine 4X4 trail? Is it any good?

Did you ever find a 20% incline to test your machine on? Mine has been tore down getting ready for Moab, so I am not sure if when I will get to it--if ever.

Porcupine is a fun trail. It is different in that it isn't much slickrock, it runs up the mountain. It goes to the Castle Valley overlook which is really neat. There are some fairly technical spots that make the trail fun.

I did test it. There were several hills that bogged me down with out the controller that now I can just idle up. It absolutely makes a difference.

Looked it up on Google Earth, no problem with a motorhome. When we did hells revenge we were coming from town and must of turn just before the campground. Don't remember even seeing it. Of course it was the first trail we were going to do so I was so jazzed just looking at the slickrock.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

The campsites start just up the road from the Hells Revenge trailhead. There are several campgrounds throughout the park as you go up the road.

• 3 weeks later...