Quantcast

shocks

lowgear

There are shocks on e-bay #280797654903 & #280797653165. I know it's a lot to ask with just a picture, but can anyone tell if the would work on a T2, 08. I emailed the guy but he could not tell me what model they came off of, only that he thinks it was a 1000cc buggy. I haven't seen double spring shocks on the troopers I've seen. If one of you knows I need answer pretty quick the go off in 7hrs.

IMHO, they will not work! They do not compress enough. See my post of http://www.utvboard....rch__1#entry659 Just subtract the travel from the extended length and you get in around 18 or so compressed. Be careful !!!

Lots of post on here about shocks. Do a search for shocks rocmoc, shocks Lenny and shocks Kinarfi for as a few who have changed out or modified their shocks.

rocmoc n AZ

I agree with Rocmoc. They also look like cheap shocks from China. I wouldn't touch them myself. Wait for a good buy on Quality shocks like Fox dual coil over. Then You can tune them to get things right.

Lenny

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't do anything with shocks that didn't allow you the ability to change both rebound and compression valving without sending it in. Same with springs. I also wouldn't do anything with a shock that won't take 2 springs, a tender spring and a main spring, and allow the ability to switch them out easily. If you want to get the suspension right, you really need to fool around with switching springs and valving until it preforms the way you want. You can get a lot of improvment by just going to better shocks that replace the stock shocks. Springs need to be changed out too, stock ones are just to stiff. But, if you want it to ride really good and still take the big hits, you have to work with it.

Lenny

Not sure what 2scoops did. You can get more travel with frame mods. I'm getting 14-1/2" both front and rear. Stock travel is is only about 7-1/2" on one end and about 9" on the other. Can't remember which end was what anymore.

Lenny