Quantcast

ecm fuse

I don't think this is your problem but when I had the stock ECM, it would work sometimes and not others. When it didn't work, my Trooper would just quit or if I was trying to start it, I wouldn't get anything.. While checking things I accidently grounded the case of the computer and things started working. I added a ground wire to computer case and the problem went away. Go figure. You might try to eliminate everything you don't really need to run the engine. Pull relays that arn't need to run. unplug tail lights, headlights, Mlaybe KInarfi can see if it will run with one of the main white plugs undone. Disconnect the IAC Pull fuses for the dash and and other stuff. Try to get it down to the bear minimum required to run. Try disconnecting anything and everything while it is running. Disconnect things as clost to the 12v power supply as you can. If it stops, reconnect it and go to the next thing. If you still have at least you will have issolated it to a specific set of things and you can forget the test of the stuff. Rather then trying to find the problem try to find what it is not.

Lenny

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think this is your problem but when I had the stock ECM, it would work sometimes and not others. When it didn't work, my Trooper would just quit or if I was trying to start it, I wouldn't get anything.. While checking things I accidently grounded the case of the computer and things started working. I added a ground wire to computer case and the problem went away. Go figure. You might try to eliminate everything you don't really need to run the engine. Pull relays that arn't need to run. unplug tail lights, headlights, Mlaybe KInarfi can see if it will run with one of the main white plugs undone. Disconnect the IAC Pull fuses for the dash and and other stuff. Try to get it down to the bear minimum required to run. Try disconnecting anything and everything while it is running. Disconnect things as clost to the 12v power supply as you can. If it stops, reconnect it and go to the next thing. If you still have at least you will have issolated it to a specific set of things and you can forget the test of the stuff. Rather then trying to find the problem try to find what it is not.

Lenny

Did yours keep blowing fuses? I finally got it to stop blowing fuses i suspect the way Chinese wired up the trooper is no good so i want to redo the wiring. I want to use those as buss point for one for hot and other for ground and then wire fuses starting at the hot buss point and then ground the relay and other grounds on the ground point buss. I'm trying to redo wiring since i took some apart to try figure out but now i gotta put it all back together before i can hunt like you suggest Lenny.

My trooper will run fine until it start blowing fuses then ill have to get it pulled home (embarrassing lol) then leave it and put in new fuse and it run fine until it decide to start blowing the 4th fuse from top again

I also tried asking few other members for their wiring color to what slot of fuse and relay and guess what? Between me and few guys we have few same color wires most of others are different.

While working on trooper i imagine those Chinese laughing in a riot each time they change something on trooper that wasn't documented and made the wiring diagram and did all that

JUST TO GIVE THE BIRD TO THE WEST!

Lol that's what i feel

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

post-1099-134539072384_thumb.jpg

No I wasn't blowing fuses. If your blowing the 4 fuse from the top, then you should be able to trace the wires going to that fuse. One side should go to a relay, probabaly activated by the ignition switch or possible the ECM. The other side is where you want to trace the wires. If there is more then one, follow all of them. figure out where each wire goes. If the fuse is after the relay, obviously it's not the relay. You could fuse each devise powered by the blowing fuse seperately. Just get some inline fuses. I would put the inline fuses as close to the main fuse as you can. Issolate each devise from the other devises. If one wire from the main fuse splits off farther up line, then you need to put the inline fuses right after the split. Use lower amperage fuses for this. This approach should allow you to issolate which devise or devises wiring is causing the problem. This is a little bit of rethiniking my last post. I like this approach better.

Lenny