Quantcast

Trooper Dies

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2030914850104282158ZqXxTd_th.jpg

When I added my surge tank, I moved the fuel pump up next to the filter and also moved the pressure regulator, I also opened the gauge of the regulator and cleaned the dust out and then sealed it when I put it back together.

The gas tank has 2 outlets at the rear of the tank, if you are headed down a steep hill with just a half tank of gas, the outlets will be above the gas and the fuel pump will promptly be starved for gas and the pressure will drop and the engine will die. The lower the gas level, the less the steepness of the hill required for this to happen. A SURGE tank is a small tank the that is used to feed the fuel pump so this does not happen, mine has a low pressure pump to keep it full and the return from the regulator returns to the surge tank. This is an idea that was borrowed from snow mobiles.

Kinarfi

Never checked it....Turned it down and it was fixed lol...Something is not correct cause I wouldn't think you should be able to change how much injectors spray with fuel pressure.... And also the purge tank sounds like a great idea...Gotta look that one up on how yo do that...

The higher the fuel pressure, the higher the volume of fuel that goes to the engine. The injectors are open for a specific time. At higher fuel pressure, more fuel can get thru in that same amount of time. The computer attempts to adjust it based on the O2 sensor output, unless its not hooked up, but it is still limited to how much it can adjust. Most everyone on this forum runs generally from 50 to 60 pounds fuel pressure. I'm not sure that the injectors will run properly at 30 psi. They do have a min and a max pessure they need to run properly. At low pressure, they don't atomize the fuel correctly and at higher pressure, the computer can't control the volume because injector output becomes somewhat earatic at above about 75 psi. You may want to try another fuel gauge. When mine was stock, it wouldn't even run below about 40psi. Kinarfis solution for running out of gas uses a storage reservoir tank, called as surge tank, that is kept always above a specific level so the fuel pump always has a fuel supply. I did the same thing by using a sump in the bottom of my tank. The sump also acts like as a storage reservior or surge tank. The idea is to create a reliable source of fuel when the Tropper is on a slope. There are a variety of ways to correct this issue. Some are more complex then others. I use an accumulator for smoothing out or eliminating surges in my fuel pressure.

Lenny

The higher the fuel pressure, the higher the volume of fuel that goes to the engine. The injectors are open for a specific time. At higher fuel pressure, more fuel can get thru in that same amount of time. The computer attempts to adjust it based on the O2 sensor output, unless its not hooked up, but it is still limited to how much it can adjust. Most everyone on this forum runs generally from 50 to 60 pounds fuel pressure. I'm not sure that the injectors will run properly at 30 psi. They do have a min and a max pessure they need to run properly. At low pressure, they don't atomize the fuel correctly and at higher pressure, the computer can't control the volume because injector output becomes somewhat earatic at above about 75 psi. You may want to try another fuel gauge. When mine was stock, it wouldn't even run below about 40psi. Kinarfis solution for running out of gas uses a storage reservoir tank, called as surge tank, that is kept always above a specific level so the fuel pump always has a fuel supply. I did the same thing by using a sump in the bottom of my tank. The sump also acts like as a storage reservior or surge tank. The idea is to create a reliable source of fuel when the Tropper is on a slope. There are a variety of ways to correct this issue. Some are more complex then others. I use an accumulator for smoothing out or eliminating surges in my fuel pressure.

Lenny

I will Have to check mine...Seems like it is running correctly and smells fine...Not to rich..I think I will pull the plugs and see what they are.....