Quantcast

Renegade ECM questions!

goindeep

OK fellow Joyner people! I have a Renegade R4 in the shop right now. The man brought it to me as a "no start"... he said he went trail riding and got it stuck very bad, he left it overnight. The next morning went to get it and it wouldn't start.. he drug it home and somehow came to the conclusion it needed a new ecm... he gets a new one hooked it up and still no start... this is when I get it.. the ecm is laying in the floor and the two ground wires are not hooked up.. I ground the two wires and boom it starts up.. but only running on two cylinders. From what wire diagrams I can find the trooper has two coil drivers and the renegade has three. I have checked the coil and all the wires and all is good. I am not getting pulse from the ecm for the third coil... the old ecm cover was sitting in the floor so I compared the numbers, totally different! Called the place he ordered the ecm from and they are telling my the old number superseded to the new one I have. I checked the ecm on my trooper and the numbers match perfectly. So what I am saying is the new ecm they sent is a match for a trooper ecm... are they the same?

Thanks for any help!

Josh

post-1523-0-37749600-1360001152_thumb.jpg

post-1523-0-32593600-1360001363_thumb.jpg

OK fellow Joyner people! I have a Renegade R4 in the shop right now. The man brought it to me as a "no start"... he said he went trail riding and got it stuck very bad, he left it overnight. The next morning went to get it and it wouldn't start.. he drug it home and somehow came to the conclusion it needed a new ecm... he gets a new one hooked it up and still no start... this is when I get it.. the ecm is laying in the floor and the two ground wires are not hooked up.. I ground the two wires and boom it starts up.. but only running on two cylinders. From what wire diagrams I can find the trooper has two coil drivers and the renegade has three. I have checked the coil and all the wires and all is good. I am not getting pulse from the ecm for the third coil... the old ecm cover was sitting in the floor so I compared the numbers, totally different! Called the place he ordered the ecm from and they are telling my the old number superseded to the new one I have. I checked the ecm on my trooper and the numbers match perfectly. So what I am saying is the new ecm they sent is a match for a trooper ecm... are they the same?

Thanks for any help!

Josh

If the numbers are the same, they are for the Trooper and that would explain the running incorrectly. Otherwise, the ECU looks for information from the tach and cam positon sensor to initiate spark. You might check there for a bad connection. Make sure your grounds are solid to the engine and ground the exterior of the ECU.

Lenny

• 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Earthscum
      Hi, I'm a mechanic and am at a loss for a customer's 2021 UT400. This thing only got used for the end of the summer, only has 3.3 hours on it.
      So far I've found:
      No start - starter switch works, relay in relay/fuse box clicks. Solenoid is operating as it should, no signal to  solenoid to start. Starts and runs when I hard-jump the solenoid.
      No F or R lights on dash - N lights up, and goes off when shifted into either gear
      No brake lights - tested switch, it works as it should
      No turn signals
      Parking brake light is on - switch is working correctly, doesn't change status

All connectors are secured, no wires look out of place. I have an incredible dislike for HiSun equipment. Every one I've dealt with has been full of gremlins. Has anyone else had any issues like this? Would this be something wrong with the dash? Or the relay/fuse box? or both? I don't want to contact Coleman and have them send a bunch of stuff that won't fix it, especially with how long electronic stuff takes to get these days. The last warranty I did for them was a go-kart that shelled the drive shaft bearings and it took 4 months for them to send us the parts.
      Any help or knowledge would be much appreciated!
    • By Tx1Tek
      I just recently purchased a
      Hi Everyone. I'm new here.  I recently purchased a 2016 RZR 570 Trail. I was looking for the Polaris drive belt number in the manual, but they don't list the belt number there. Does anyone here know the Polaris Drive Belt part number? Why wouldn't they list a part number for that critical part?

• By Chris Miller
      Good Morning Folks..Happy New Year, I have been having some intermittent issues with my 2015 American Landmaster LM500 not going into neutral. Seems if I shut the engine off it would pop into neutral. Yesterday I was splitting firewood with a 500 pound log splitter that I pushed to my wood area up a slight grade. I was not able to get it into neutral which I assumed was due to the pressure of the weight of the splitter pushing back. after I finished splitting wood, I used the weight of the splitter to roll back down the hill to my driveway. I unhooked the splitter but still could not get it to go into neutral or start. I dragged it back into my barn with my mower as I don't leave anything outside over night. I am at a loss what to check to try to fix this. I use my UTV (Eustas) every day that I am at my place where I keep it and will be lost without it. Thoughts? 
    • By rocket100
      I need some help.

I bought a new Renegade in June 2021 and have only put 60 miles on it and the other day checking cows I noticed the oil light on and the oil gauge reading zero and the oil light on.

Is there a better oil sensing unit than the factory?   I've ordered one from Joyner ($60) but would like to have a supply if they are going to go out after 60 miles. 

Thanks 
    • eManualOnline
    • By wes treleaven
      Hi all, New member and new joyner trooper owner here.
      Just picked it up yesterday. I worked for it. -40C here in Winnipeg, Canada loading it into a trailer. Unit was too tall. Some ratchet straps, recopricating saw and a lot of F^#ks. 
      Anyway she came with a broken front driveshaft. One of the ears was cracked off. I have a replacement but i am unsure how the driveshaft comes off the transfer case. 
      Doesn't sem to pull off or have any way to remove it. Any suggestions??
      Thanks,
      Wes 
  • Gallery Images