Quantcast

New UTV Laws

Over President’s Day Weekend I got stopped by the Rangers. First it was two Rangers by the time it was over there was 16 Rangers and 8 vehicles. They pulled me over for no helmet. I told them that I didn’t need one because I am 1100cc, but they didn’t see it my way. After arguing with them and threats of going to jail. I stood my ground and they called their super visor out and he agreed with me. He said that I didn’t need a helmet. I told him that I was going to get helmets so I wouldn’t be harassed anymore. He said that it wasn’t harassment, but I think that many Rangers was over kill.

Another solution would be to get a copy of the codes and high light and mark the page so you can show the unaware rangers that you know what your up to. However, in my EXPERIENCE, if you get uppity and they want you bad enough, they'll figure out a way to get you, so speak softly and humbly and explain how you have been through this before.

Kinarfi

Same with me. I know if we get stopped we can get out of it because of the 1100CC but why take a chance. Went Simpson half helmets and although I don't want to wear them it is better than getting hassled. Yes CA needs the money and depending on where you are riding they will pull you over. I was in Ocotillo Presidents day and they were not citing but warning. I rode around some without a helmet and with a helmet. Went by a ranger without and he didn't do anything. Just depends on where you are. Still a waste as those Simpson half helmets won't do much but they get you by the dumb law.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By LindaCall60
      Purchased a 2011 bighorn banchee. Needs motor work. Not sure what. Husband is mechanic but not computer savvy. So, is there a manual that will tell him how to tear this down?  We have down loaded a service manual, but he says it doesn't tell him what he is looking for. 
    • By Kalyla Jackson
      Hey all!
      I'm on a mission to buy my first UTV soundbar as a gift for my dad. I'm aiming for something that offers great sound quality without breaking the bank – my budget is around $250. Right now, I'm considering options like ecoxgear, kemimoto, and boss.
      Does anyone have experience with these brands or specific models that you'd recommend? Any advice or suggestions would be super appreciated!
      Thanks in advance for your help!

• By Felderlostnspace
      2016, Hisun 500 turns over great but Spark plug is firing when I turn the ignition key on. I’ve got good fuel pressure to the injector. Pulled plug out and it is wet with. gasoline. Air filter is clean. Turns over great just does not even try to pop or start.. I’ve checked off uses and they are good when I turn the key on I’m getting power to the injector.. I’m not hearing the injector pulsing, but may just be my hearing.. With the spark plug getting wet with gas I feel like the injector is pulsing and spraying. Any suggestions would be great. I don’t know the hours on the unit offhand, but it has 600 miles on it. Thank you for your comments and advanced.
    • By Michael McCandless
      Starter will engage sometimes. Where can I buy a starter and solenoid.
    • By Alex
      This is an interesting read. ADAS is main stream on cars these days. The technology looks to be headed towards UTVs and Off-Road Vehicles.
      Potential Motors and CFMOTO USA have announced a new partnership to integrate advanced driver-assist systems (ADAS) into recreational off-road vehicles for the first time.
      Sam Poirier, CEO and co-founder at Potential Motors, says the integration of its technology into CFMOTO’s vehicles will set new standards in the side-by-side segment. (Photo: Potential Motors Inc.) The partnership will first see Potential’s tech integrated into CFMOTO test vehicles. The companies will conduct extensive real-world testing at Potential’s purpose-built off-road proving ground in Fredericton, Canada, and CFMOTO facilities.
      Source: https://powersportsbusiness.com/top-stories/2023/12/19/cfmoto-and-potential-motors-announce-industry-first-adas-technology-for-ohvs/