Quantcast

2006 Mule 610 wants to die on hills

Gonzo

I have a problem maybe similar to the one below on the forum that like him is driving me crazy. Mule seems to run fine except sometimes when I am climbing a hill it wants to die out just about the time I reach the top. Yes the tank is full when this happens. I have drained the tank, putting new fuel in and fuel additive, new fuel filter, spark plug, checked wiring and even had a motorcycle carburator friend disassemble and clean the carburator (he had his own shop, never seen anyone so particular about cleanliness), also checked to make sure the gas cap vent worked. The mule has about 425 hours on it and I have never adjusted the valves so maybe that is it. Would valves cause an issue like this? I checked the fuel pump to make sure it was working, seemed to be, did not replace. I have a factory manual I payed dearly for and done everything per the manual. I have no way to get the mule to a shop, live in the Appalachian mountains beyond the boonies and really love my mule but it needs to be dependable. Breaking down could mean a very long walk home or worse. I keep her close by the house these days but don't want to. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes I am overdue. I have adjusted valves on older inline 6 engines. Had to do them hot so it was always a race to get them done before things cooled off. Will break out the manual and see how to do it. Thanks for the reply!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Farm Boy
      It has done this since day one that we purchased it from Tractor Supply. I contacted the service man that Tractor Supply recommended and he told us that there wasn't anything he do to help us with. Has anyone had this same problem and can offer suggestion on to correct this issue ? It would be greatly appreciated.

• By Kody Dycus
      Ok so it’s brand new, first time taking it out it struggled going past 35ish on a slight incline and seems the “top speed” is only 45mph? Has anyone gotten theirs to go any faster? If so how? Is there a speed limiter/governor on these? I know, if I want speed buy something else, BUT I just want to be able to go 50mph because where we hunt we have to ride in and can’t unload anywhere that’s safe besides in town. Any help is appreciated!!
    • By Alex
      Its maker has affectionately dubbed it Teslaris, for obvious reasons.
      The Polaris RZR RS1 UTV has a one-liter, two-cylinder engine that from the factory has around 100 horsepower, making the 1,383-pound (627-kilogram) UTV very quick. But there’s always room for more power in one of these vehicles, and instead of fettling with its engine, one dune vehicle aficionado decided to swap in the rear drive motor out of a Tesla Model 3 / Model Y.
      We don’t know how many of the battery modules the put in the vehicle, but it doesn’t appear to be much heavier than stock and it goes up sand dunes with remarkable ease. Depending on which version of Model 3 was the motor donor, the drive unit could have either 261 or 325 horsepower, as long as the battery pack can supply enough wattage and voltage.
      Judging by how easily it flies up the steep sand dune, almost lifting the front wheels off the ground under harder acceleration, it’s safe to say it looks like a real hoot. The steep grade you see it tackling in the video uploaded by the electric UTV’s creator, Ron Cobbley, is located in the St. Anthony, Idaho sand dunes.
      We found more videos on vehicle’s official Instagram account and aside from how interesting it is to see an electric powertrain in an application like this (and how it changes the vehicle), we also noticed that you really hear the tires on the sand more. Usually, this sound is drowned out by the engine.

The sound’s tone and pitch probably change with speed, giving the driver audible information to help him or her gauge their speed. You don’t really get this in a road-going EV driven on tarmac, which is why it’s trickier to drive an EV quickly - specifically because you have no way of knowing how fast you’re going just by ear.
      Source: https://insideevs.com/news/559789/polaris-utv-tesla-motor-dunes/
    • By Rick McGill
      I thought the problem was electrical but I just found this in the oil filler tube. Does anyone recognize the part? I know I'll have to tear down the whole engine, and maybe I'll find the rest of it in there. Something beg enough to seize up the engine. That was the problem I was trying to diagnose.... 'Cause it's locked up. 
      Thanks in advance.
      Rick

• eManualOnline
    • By Brian Owens
      Does anyone know what kind of skid plate is on the 2022 Kawasaki Mule Pro MX? It’s obviously plastic but I know there are different grades of plastic. I’m unable to find any information about it on the web. Also any issues with plastic vs metal?
  • Gallery Images