Quantcast

squirrilla

HID light conversions

Has anyone tried the HID kits, looking at some Kensun for forty bucks. What do I need to know (everything) about a conversion. I want to do a hi/lo kit for headlights and another for up top

did it I got my kits off eBay xentex I believe it was 35$ a kit to convert two lights the bulbs are H3 mine are 35 watt you may think that's not bright but IT IS. I did it to all my light bar lights and I switched that to LED but took the HID lights and they are now my driving lights big big difference and yes I cut the wires to hide the balest from water and used the factory harness

I have never owned a HID light, YET, but I have gone a little nuts with LED lights! That said, one comparison I did with another persons HIDs showed that the HID is more spot lite than the LED, it reaches out further, but has a narrower beam, My LEDs put out lots of light and I can see almost every thing with in a certain distance, both side of the road, the tops of trees and especially what's right in front of me.

I'm not saying one's better than the other, that depends on what you want! It's just something to consider. If I find one of my videos, I'll post a link for it.

I agree with Kinarfi. If your going fast at night, you want the light to reach out. If your navigating thru tight stuff the LEDs cover the area better because they spread the light to the sides more. My HID were really too bright for close stuff and leave you a little blinded especially when you went thru a dip and got the light reflected back from the opposing up slope in front. If you put Kinarfi's lights with mine and switched back and forth, you would have it all.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Headlights Cub cadet 750 crew

I recently put high output LED lights in my Cub cadet 750 crew. It took some JB quick weld, drink tube, and screwing up some but is working! Opt 7 H4 bulbs are about three times brighter than the cheap China motorcycle bulbs!   I will post some pictures soon!   Does anyone else have battery issues? I am going to try fitting a Optima marine battery in mine. A real alternator would be a better fix. Anyone try solar to top batteries? When I plow snow the stock battery is fried quick!

By groged67, in Cub Cadet UTV SxS Forum

• 5 replies
    • Headlights on Mule 4010

I have a 2014 Mule 4010 and would like to change the headlight Bulbs but can not get to them. Owners manual says to remove cup holders to get access. How do you get the cup holders out? Without breaking them??

By Bumble, in UTV General Discussion

• 1 reply
    • NEW Streamline Brakes RZR 1000 Oversize Brake kits

Streamline Brakes has now officially released our RZR 1000 front and rear oversize brake kits.
      We have had several Pro teams racing in Lucas Oil Off Road , WORCS, SCORE and Best In The Desert series complaining on how the stock brakes are just not adequate for the RZR 1000 and how they are having stock brakes over heat and fail. To the everyday rider or weekend warrior when adding oversize tires, larger wheels full cage with doors and all the other added bolts on that we all are doing it does add weight and rolling mass to the SXS. What that is doing is making the stock brakes work at a capacity of more than what they originally designed for. What we have done was made a larger front rotor kit for the RZR 1000 and not only does it restore the brakes to what the stock brakes can do but when adding the rear oversize kit with the front kit in can increase the braking ability by up to 30% over the stock RZR 1000 brakes.

By Streamline Brakes, in UTV News and Information

• 0 replies
    • Intakes and Turbo Kits are 100% Ready!!

We have a few intakes and Turbo kits on the shelf and ready to go! Intake $450 Turbo Kit without intake $1995.00 Turbo Kit with intake $2300.00 We will sell the Turbo manifold only on request and we are not and will not use the Cheap Chinese turbo's at all, the turbo provided in our kit is a Garrett GT-12. we have used the cheap one from ebay (which is from CX Racing) and had three of them blow up in under ten hours! and i know it seems at only $200 bucks each, just buy another one... what most people dont think about is when that turbo blows up all of the debris goes strait into the motor usually resulting in complete engine loss! These kits are COMPLETE and BOLT IN! major components: Turbo, manifold, blow off valve, fuel controller, and all hardware to install it! Call/Text/Email Josh West 713-824-8891 Email: [email protected]

By goindeep, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 8 replies
    • Speaking of Turbo Kits... here is what i can do..

Non Inter cooled -CF K03 Turbo - 4-8 psi Waste gate -Turbo manifold -Carbon Steel Mandrel bent piping -Billet Blow off valve -Fuel Programmer with boost port -Turbonetics boots & T-clamps -All stainless steel braided oil feed & return lines & fittings -Turbo muffler and exhaust piping -Auto Meter Ultr-lite Boost/Vac Guage I can do this kit with a 1 Yr warranty on turbo for $1950 shipped Inter Cooled Same as above with Mishimoto Inter Cooler -all bracketry for mounting -8-12 psi waste gate - 19 lb/hr injectors I can do this kit for $2500 Shipped is there anything else you guys would like to see included in these kits? I should have one shipped to Nocturnalsixer soon for a review and quality and performance also i will offer my intake manifold with the turbo kit for an a additional $400 if ordered at the same time. Josh No Limitz

By goindeep, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 2 replies