Quantcast

buckshot0203

mule 1000 lift kit?

anyone know if one exists? if not has anyone lifted one with a home made kit? i'm thinking on doing it and hopeing to be able to be able to fit a larger tire like a 24 or 25 any help would be appreciated

yup they dont have one for the mule 1000 it looks like it would be pretty simple to make a basic lift kit. doesnt look like it would be much more than a few spacer blocks for the front and two shackles for the rear

What about Essex manufacturing? They're mostly a utv cab maker, but they do make lots of other stuff. Including lift kits, and run flat mud tires, in the large sizes you're looking at. But you're right about making it yourself, that's about all there is to it. I used large channel locks for a spring compressor. No problem

I'm confused,...I just Google mule 1000, and get all kinds of stuff including lift kits. Are these not the correct fit for your machine?

Gotcha. Yep I didn't read the fine print. But like you said, not much to it. Maybe you can source the longer shackles. But you need the spacers for the struts. There ought to be something out there already. Why not a 3D printer. Mine are made of plastic anyway. But at the very least, you could stack aluminum plates that are cut and drilled.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Seriously thinking of joining the family

Looking to get into a UTV, having said that I have been doing some research on the trooper. Have many questions already answered, but need the reassurance. I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for, but you can buy a lemon every day of the week.....from anyone. The looks of the trooper are eye catching, the motor sounds like it has potential. The lockers don't sound very good nor does the diff's. Are these a capable 4X4 or do they belong in the desert with the buggy's. Is the manual tranny worth it, or do you wish you had a low gear in the transfer case for bigger rubber. I am not into going 100 miles an hour. How nimble are they in the bush? I like my hunting in the great white north.....as in Canada:) This is what i am thinking of. T2 trooper, new cam grind for torque, tuner, 31" silver backs, clutch upgrade.... to start with. My knowledge of mechanics is moderate and I do enjoy my garage. So I am not worried about have to maintain this machine as all of them need TLC. Would like honest answers and no salesman crap. Let me know what you all think.

By noblet, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 5 replies
    • Changed radiator to larger one

I changed my radiator to a larger one and it really helped. Especially with my supercharger helping to build more heat, just moving the fan farther away from the radiator wasn't enough. Took it out today in 105 degree weather and it never got over about 196 degrees and stayed there real steady no matter how I drove it. That tells me that now it is being completely controlled by the thermostat and not the size of the radiator. I bought a radiator off ebay for $70 plus $20 shipping. See add at http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120599393194&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT titled "Aluminum Radiator Acura Integra 94-01 95 97 99 GSR LS" Overall size 27"x17.5"x2". To this I added a 16" 3000cfm fan also from Ebay for $80 plus $12 shipping, see http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380252905142&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT titled " 16" 3000CFM HD Reversible Electric Radiator Fan w Relay" You will see in the pics that I welded a 1/8" thick sidewall rim around one side of the radiator. To this I rivited a fan shroud made from a 16ga aluminum sheet. Also I moved the radiator back to set up against the two verticle frame members allowing the fan to be mounted ahead of the radiator letting it push air through the radiator for more evenly distributed air flow. Everything fit in real nice. You will also notice that I removed the plastic cover over the cylinder head. Last thing I need is a closed dead air space to insulate the head from staying cooler. , , , Lenny

By Lenny, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 3 replies
    • Trooper T2 Larger Tires and Top Speed

I have a Joyner Mini Viper now and I drive it on the street on a regular basis. It runs very comfortably at 50 on the road (about 3000 RPM). I have a trooper now and would like to drive it on the street. The problem I have is the top speed on these is way short of what they advertise. I was thinking of purchasing a 30’ set of tires for the road (is that the largest that will fit), but I don’t know if that would be enough of a difference to allow this to go at least 50 comfortably. My thought was I would put the off road tires back on it when I leave the street so I don’t impact its performance. Does anyone drive their Trooper on the road? Any other ideas how to increase the speed? Thanks Bill

By AZTrooperT2, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 7 replies
    • Larger oil pan, frame change and skid plate

I have done a number of things to my Trooper over the past months and am now trying to get caught up on posting. As we all know, hot oil seems to drop the oil pressure considerably leaving us concerned for our engine. To help the oil stay cooler I built a larger aluminum oil pan and now hold 9 quarts and has a drain plug that reaches out where I can easily get at it. The oil pressure does stay much better. It still drops down but not as far. I also removed the frame tubing that runs front to rear under the right side of the engine. I wanted to convert it to a bolt in frame section so I can remove the oil pan without removing the engine. Now I can do a lot of work to the engine lif necessary because I can completely dismantle it while it's in the Trooper. The new frame member is part of my skid plate. The plate is a piece of 3/8" thick aluminum with another 1/2" aluminum plate welded to it directly under the diff. The plate bolts on real tight and becomes a strong structural part of the frame. Prior to this I had a piece of 1/4" thick aluminum plate under the diff. This worked fine until I went through a dip with a rock sticking out of the ground. The Troopers diff hit the rock quite hard as the suspension compressed. The hit put a hexagon shaped hole in the plate from the drain plug on the diff. It took the hit but I decided it needed more. Now I can do the same dip and the skid plate bounces over the rock without damage other then a gouge in the plate. The one pic shows the top side of the plate with the frame replacement bar as part of the skid plate. Also where I placed the strip of steel shows where a bracket goes that holds the lower side of the differential. When the plate is removed, the bottom of the engine along with the diff have nothing under them. Makes for easy servicing. , , , , Lenny

By Lenny, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 0 replies