Quantcast

eastern united states

• 5 years later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Robby
      I have a 2013 500 hisun sxs. Took wiring harness off to check it over now cannot figure out what goes to where. What hooks to starter solenoid, is it main chassie ground or starter cable. If somebody has pictures to show where everything hooks up I  would greatly appreciate it. Sorry for asking for noob info, but I am lost
    • By ramee
      It is a Nice Running 2017 Polaris Sportsman Utility Edition 4x4 ATV with only 1600 miles This Is Hunting Season these are Very Popular and Usable ATV's this machine has been up to date with Newer Battery and Oil Changed, The Tires are Factory and can use a updating soon, As for Lights, Brakes, Transmission are all in Excellent working Order.

• By Bret4207
      Hi, I have a 2019 Coleman Outfitter 550, purchased from Tractor Supply.  I'm told this is a Hisun Sector 550? Is this correct? I've just gotten mine back from a 5 month visit to the warranty shop for a no start condition. After numerous emails with Coleman and calls to the shop, I finally picked it up Saturday before last. It ran, but ran rough. I was assured by the shop owner, who obviously wanted it out of his yard, that "It'll smooth out as you use it." He tells me it had a bad fuse and dirty fuel.  I believe he has replaced 3 or 4 injectors on this and we did add an inline fuel filter. We got about 45 minutes of easy run time on it. I'm 60, use it on the farm and don't race it. Now I can barely get it to start. I changed the plug for a  brand new NGK same as was in it- no change. In fact when I checked it I found it fairly well fouled and not arcing across the tip, but off the side of the center of the plug to inner plug wall of the threaded portion. The old plug sparked at the gap correctly and it will run. It spits and sputters and won't idle. Acts like a dirty injector to me and I've contacted Coleman again, but  I'm looking at probably a 75 mile trip to get it to a better shop. I've read of people cleaning the injectors, but don't know if it's effective. I have good fuel flow from the pump and no water in the gas, which is 91 non-ethanol.  I can't understand why the injector would get dirty unless the interior of the factory fuel line is deteriorating at this point. 4 grand is about the max RPM it will turn at this point. It's either fuel or an ignition issue I'd say, and I'm thinking fuel.

I've got 45 years of small engine, 2 and 4 cycle, and all sorts of farm/auto engine experience under my belt, but this computer controlled, gas injection stuff is outside my comfort zone. I got this into the warranty place a couple weeks shy of the 1 year warranty expiring 5 months back and don't have much faith in Coleman/Hisun taking much more action. So, where would you all start looking if you were me? New Ebay injector to start or what? I've read you reset the ignition control by holding the gas at max for 3 seconds and shutting the machine off with your foot to the floor. I have a Sector 550 shop manual CD but I'm not seeing that or much else yet. Doesn't matter since it won't wind up that high anyway. ?????
    • By RickB
      I have two of these models (Hisun) and both have the same issue. It started out low power and then one got so bad it would not start. The local Cub dealer did not have a scan tool to check so after I exhausted all the possibilities I could think of I took it to a local small engine shop who worked on ATVs. After 2 months and $1600 later we got it back and it was running great. They pretty much replaced everything fuel related, fuel  pump, spark plug, fuel injector, intake boots, throttle body, TPS and did an oil change. I ordered everything on the list for the other unit as all these things are pretty easy to replace. Before all those parts came in the first unit began to lose power little by little again.  I went by the shop and asked the tech for more info on what they found and he said the fuel pressure was about 60psi and should be 40psi and that was causing and over fueling issue. When I told him about what had happened he thought it may be another fuel pump.  I also asked if they had adjusted the valves and they had so I rechecked the valves and they are good. After searching the web I tried to relearn the TPS with instructions I found pertaining to a Massimo 500. Well it started to idle better and also seemed to not pop back through the intake like it was doing but only up to about 60% throttle. After that it bogs down and runs like crap. Tried the procedure on the other unit and now have the same result. What am I missing and/or doing wrong? Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    • eManualOnline
    • By brian2015
      Greetings, just bought a 2016 Kubota RTVX1100C, this site helped me research my purchase. Thanks to everyone who contributes. What did we do before the internet (besides Clymer manuals)?
      Getting ready to change all the fluids, unit is just around 2000 hours.  
      Thanks! 
      Brian
  • Gallery Images