Quantcast

eastern united states

• 5 years later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By RickB
      I have two of these models (Hisun) and both have the same issue. It started out low power and then one got so bad it would not start. The local Cub dealer did not have a scan tool to check so after I exhausted all the possibilities I could think of I took it to a local small engine shop who worked on ATVs. After 2 months and $1600 later we got it back and it was running great. They pretty much replaced everything fuel related, fuel  pump, spark plug, fuel injector, intake boots, throttle body, TPS and did an oil change. I ordered everything on the list for the other unit as all these things are pretty easy to replace. Before all those parts came in the first unit began to lose power little by little again.  I went by the shop and asked the tech for more info on what they found and he said the fuel pressure was about 60psi and should be 40psi and that was causing and over fueling issue. When I told him about what had happened he thought it may be another fuel pump.  I also asked if they had adjusted the valves and they had so I rechecked the valves and they are good. After searching the web I tried to relearn the TPS with instructions I found pertaining to a Massimo 500. Well it started to idle better and also seemed to not pop back through the intake like it was doing but only up to about 60% throttle. After that it bogs down and runs like crap. Tried the procedure on the other unit and now have the same result. What am I missing and/or doing wrong? Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    • By brian2015
      Greetings, just bought a 2016 Kubota RTVX1100C, this site helped me research my purchase. Thanks to everyone who contributes. What did we do before the internet (besides Clymer manuals)?
      Getting ready to change all the fluids, unit is just around 2000 hours.  
      Thanks! 
      Brian
    • By Travis
      I've always adjusted small engine idles by ear.....  but i finally decided to buy a tachometer... it came in the mail today so i tried it out on the mule. it's the kind that wraps around the plug wire.
      fire the mule up, the idle RPM spec in the manual  is 1,300...  and the way i have it adjusted now it was idling at 1,260, let it warm up and bumped it up to 1300, which wasn't much

• By Desertjeep
      Greetings.  Confession, I’m not a mechanic.  I lent my 2013 Kaw to a friend, almost immediately he called to tell me he was stuck in a creek.  I pulled him out with my John Deere, but now the mule will not operate.  Motor starts great, and it was never submerged, but concerned the high water may have caused some damage.  Checked the oils, they seem to be the correct color, no milky color as some have noted.  But when placed into gear, forward or reverse, it crawls, but has lots of trouble and can’t be driven very far until it stops again.  If I let it idle, I can again drive it a short distance before it repeats itself, stops, let idle, crawls again.  Any thoughts suggestions are greatly appreciated.  The water level was probably 12 - 16 deep.  This is standard, stock mule, unfortunately there are  no lifts.
      Thanks group, appreciate any helpful response.  Especially if you have experience with this.  I looked on YouTube to see if there are any helpful videos, none.  Someone with knowledge of this could make some $$ with their own “How to fix” videos.
    • eManualOnline
    • By cliffyk
      View File UTV-ATV US EPA Who Makes What
      This document contains "who makes what ATV/UTV engine" information from the 2021 EPA emission certification database. IT can be interesting seeing where all this stuff actually comes from. It includes model year, engine family, manufactuer (brand) name, actual engine maker, vehicle maker, certified models, displacement (cc), power¹ (kW, multiply by 0.746 for HP), and at what rpm that power was observed...
      ------------------------------------------------------
      ¹ -the output power shown is that observed by the EPA during testing the bare engine (engine driven accessories installed but not active). It is a much more real number than whatever the vendor claims in their ads...
      Submitter cliffyk Submitted 04/22/2021 Category Other UTVs