Quantcast

New member here

Willy M

I don't know the exact year but about 7 or so years old, Trail Wagon, with 653 Subaru engine (which is good). It's not made to go fast and you don't want to, steering is sloppy. For off road on bad washed out rocky/muddy trails it is slow but gets through it all. A shame there is no guard for the rear transmission with alloy housing. If it was not for the lack of parts and/or expensive assemblies  I'd keep it.

101_1666.jpg

• Like 1

I did find a part that worked, a Polaris gas shock. Had to make the thread diameter smaller to fit the mount.  Landmaster only sells the complete strut assy. and the left side they are out of. Stut assy. is $380, way too much when you just need the shock. Bought the shock for $100. You can see it in the photo, the only "clean": part.

• Like 1

No one likes to lose their $$. Just ask yourself why are they selling when their Sportworks is in good shape. It's been more than once I hit a bump and my head smashed into the roof! Those 4 rear shocks each with a coil spring don't help ride quality but do help hauling heavy loads.

The seats are a rectangular piece of plywood with some soft foam and black vinyl stapled to it. I could make better but bought a seat with high density foam that absorbs bumps, greatly helped comfort

We built new seats within a week of getting it. Bottom was worn out and the back was missing. Wondering if one shock on each side was removed if it would help the stiff ride.

By the way, I traded a Kawasaki Bayou 250 that we never rode for the buggy.

DON"T remove the shocks, just setting them on their lowest setting makes the buggy tippy. I tried disconnecting a shock on each side, not good.

It needs an independent rear end, which isn't worth redesigning it. Has an odd setup with a side bar and U shape with bottom of the U attached to the cab frame.

• Like 1

Landmaster still has the rear shocks with springs available, not that you want more.  Don't stress the front wheel drive, those axles are narrower under the CV boot and will snap. I've broken both sides without trying. Without measuring the spline they only measure 1/2" maybe a bit more, why the axle that you see is thicker is a mystery.

Took the Sportworks hunting moose in Quebec and it got through all the washed out trails. Had two moose hanging at the cottage we rented. The main building down the road has rooms and caters to foreign visitors, mostly from France. Well a group came walking up the dirt road by our cottage and saw the moose and 4 wheelers. They took photos like they never saw a 4 wheeler before. Two of the men wanted their photos holding the moose head. After they did this there was bloody guck on their clothing but they were enjoying this too much to care.

• Like 1

Once I built a tree stand 20 feet high and put apples out before and during season I can get a deer the first morning of season. Last season I waited and watched them in front of me for a couple days. The big one did his thing and came behind me and blew just to let me know I wasn't getting him.

I hunt on a lease we own, not a deer lease but we run our cows on it, about 200 acres, probably about 120 acres of pasturland, rest is woods, and 2 creeks that run through it, Anway i have a trail cam , anyway, whenever i put it out over there, the cows, everytime, come down and bed down in front of the camera, IT NEVER FAILS!!

35 feet is up high!!  Must have a great view.

I've got about 140 acres mostly woods/bush with some open areas. In most spots if you dig down 2 feet you hit limestone.

Deer love the trails I've made. Haven't tried my trail cam yet need an SD card.