Quantcast

Happy Birthday AMERICA!

I'm a little late with this, but look what I got to go see on the morning of the 4th.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865684206/Photos-A-grand-flag-for-a-grand-4th-of-July-celebration.html

this just one of several article about the ( Pleasant Grove, Utah Flag )google it if you want.

Really awesome, I can see it out my backdoor, especially at night when it's lit up and throws a shadow on the rocks behind it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kinarfi said:

I'm a little late with this, but look what I got to go see on the morning of the 4th.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865684206/Photos-A-grand-flag-for-a-grand-4th-of-July-celebration.html

this just one of several article about the ( Pleasant Grove, Utah Flag )google it if you want.

Really awesome, I can see it out my backdoor, especially at night when it's lit up and throws a shadow on the rocks behind it.

I have to agree, that is very cool. I'm lucky enough that my next door neighbor every year has a huge fireworks show for his family and friends, so we just usually BBQ and sit out on the deck and watch the show above our house, it's pretty insane. It gets so crazy with the fireworks that the kids have to go inside cause its so loud...but what a celebration!

• 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...

243 years!!!!!

WHEN in the Course of human Events, it becomes necessary for one People to dissolve the Political Bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the Powers of the Earth, the separate and equal Station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle them, a decent Respect to the Opinions of Mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the Separation.

WE hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness—That to secure these Rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the Consent of the Governed, that whenever any form of Government becomes destructive of these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its Foundation on such Principles, and organizing its Powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient Causes; and accordingly all Experience hath shewn, that Mankind are more disposed to suffer, while Evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long Train of Abuses and Usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object, evinces a Design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their Right, it is their Duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future Security. Such has been the patient Sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the Necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The History of the present King of Great-Britain is a History of repeated Injuries and Usurpations, all having in direct Object the Establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid World.

https://www.constitutionfacts.com/us-declaration-of-independence/read-the-declaration/

spacer.png

Happy 244th To the United States of America!!!!!

spacer.png

I walked through a county courthouse square
On a park bench, an old man was sittin' there.
I said, "Your old court house is kinda run down,
He said, "Naw, it'll do for our little town".
I said, "Your old flag pole is leaned a little bit,
And that's a ragged old flag you got hangin' on it".
He said, "Have a seat", and I sat down,
"Is this the first time you've been to our little town"
I said, "I think it is"
He said "I don't like to brag, but we're kinda proud of
That Ragged Old Flag

"You see, we got a little hole in that flag there,
When Washington took it across the Delaware.
and It got powder burned the night Francis Scott Key sat watching it,
writing "Oh,Say Can You See"
It got a rip in New Orleans, with Packingham & Jackson
tugging at its seams.
and It almost fell at the Alamo
beside the Texas flag,
But she waved on though.
She got cut with a sword at Chancellorsville,
And she got cut again at Shiloh Hill.
There was Robert E. Lee and Beauregard and Bragg,
And the south wind blew hard on
That Ragged Old Flag

"On Flanders Field in World War I,
She got a big hole from a Bertha Gun,
She turned blood red in World War II
She hung limp, and low, a time or two,
She was in Korea, Vietnam, She went where she was sent
by her Uncle Sam.
She waved from our ships upon the briny foam
and now they've about quit wavin' back here at home
in her own good land here She's been abused,
She's been burned, dishonored, denied an' refused,
And the government for which she stands
Has been scandalized throughout out the land.
And she's getting thread bare, and she's wearin' thin,
But she's in good shape, for the shape she's in.
Cause she's been through the fire before
and i believe she can take a whole lot more.

"So we raise her up every morning
And we bring her down slow every night,
We don't let her touch the ground,
And we fold her up right.
On second thought
I *do* like to brag
Cause I'm mighty proud of
That Ragged Old Flag"

The ragged old flag, as told by Johnny Cash.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...