Quantcast
Tobie1987

30 inch tires on a trooper

Ya it's the same.. wanting to go to 30s to get more ground clearance and alittle taller 1st gear.. as of now with my turbo and 26s.1st gear is way to slow and 2nd is way to fast climbing hills..I got more then enough motor now.!!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also bought  different wheels too..they are 16 inch uni lug wheels off a Honda..I'm gonna try  265 75 16 mud tires.. they aware just under 31 inch tall..or I'm gonna try to find 15 inch wheels and run 31 10.50 15 boggers...

Got some 31 10.50 15 all terrain for now.. there in Honda Accord 15 inch wheels..gonna cut them soon... there about 50-70% tread..I haven't had it on the trail yet but down the road and back and it doesn't seem o have much loss in power with my turbo and msd coil..

Yes turbo works great..!! I need to make a bracket for the exhaust but other then that it works great.. not sure 0-60 time..?? I mostly don't get out of 1st or 2nd trail riding... 

On 8/3/2017 at 2:44 PM, Tobie1987 said:

629c61b72b41c11c297d25fd40c4e36b.jpg

Tires & rims look good, but it makes the Trooper look shorter, sort of, what's with the extra shock  on the swing arm?  

If you take a Dremel tool and cut all the way around glove compartment detent, then add some walls so the bottom is as far down as possible and a lid, it makes for a nice usable glove box. I'll get  photo for you.

Jeff

PS read the pinned posts, Parts, Pieces, and Information for our Troopers & Joyners, it has the information

about the lug pattern, 4x115, and a lot more valuable stuff and it was mostly written by 2008 Trooper owners, including me.

8203e6a7b89909d4af7f5200edcc907f.jpg

This is my 09 trooper t2 1100 turbo 5 speed 4x4 on 32" mud tires and I don't have any issue besides turning difficulties it needs power steering but I can drift with these no problem25370057679365d1118dad47eb86b03f.jpg

• Like 1

I ended up buying a tilt column off ebay from a vw baja for $100
And then ordered a longer stroke steering rack from klung motors $150
Which gives me another 1/4 turn which really helps for tight turns

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Brand new 32" itp ultracross. Took a big hammer to make fit. 30" will fit no problem. 31's will be tight but should also fit without issue. Also, remember tires can vary in actual height up to an inch from manufacturers spec. Do your research. 

FB_IMG_1501389487922.jpg