Quantcast

2016 Kawasaki mule 610 xc rear brake line

keg

Welcome fellow Mule owner! No, there is no after market. I recommend just getting  a new one, or possibly splicing it. What material is it made of? My 550's is a hard metal line.

http://www.kawasakipartshouse.com/oemparts/a/kaw/55c0e90087a8661e1c1b2850/rear-brake-piping

Go to the link, They are a really good Kawasaki company, ordered T O NS of parts from them,,,,

Apparenty bottomed out my Mule and pushed the rear brake line out of place causing it to rub on the bottom of the engine and wear a hole in it. I Looked into buying a new line, but thought the asking price from Kawasaki was very expensive so checked with my auto repair shop. I knew there was a place that they had brake lines specially made for older vehicles that the lines were discontinued. I had a big hold and only a small piece of line holding it together on one side. They said they would not attempt this on an automobile line, actually not legal to braze an auto line, but did braze my Mule line, blew it out and pressure tested it to over 100 lbs. of pressure and was good to go. Put it back on, has been over a year and still holding.  Make sure the rubber grummits that hold it in the clips that hold the line in position are in place. I had to make new ones for mine since they had been lost. I cut about 4 inch rubber hose, and split it to go around and made sure they were secured in place. I also zip tied the line in place as another precaution to make sure it stays where it is suppose to. 

It isn't just a Mule issue, a friend has a Ranger and has torn his brake line apart more then once. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Hugh
      My 2018 Hisun sector crew engine cut off after about 15 minutes run. There is no indicator of what is wrong, no error code just die and won't restart until it cool down. I notice that the fan is not running but the temp indicator is on low temp, no overheat indicator. I checked the radiator fluid, it is cool to touch.
      Cooling fans are working, I can hear it running once awhile if I can get the engine warm up enough.  Thank you for all the help.

Hugh
    • By Felderlostnspace
      2016, Hisun 500 turns over great but Spark plug is firing when I turn the ignition key on. I’ve got good fuel pressure to the injector. Pulled plug out and it is wet with. gasoline. Air filter is clean. Turns over great just does not even try to pop or start.. I’ve checked off uses and they are good when I turn the key on I’m getting power to the injector.. I’m not hearing the injector pulsing, but may just be my hearing.. With the spark plug getting wet with gas I feel like the injector is pulsing and spraying. Any suggestions would be great. I don’t know the hours on the unit offhand, but it has 600 miles on it. Thank you for your comments and advanced.
    • By JFC
      I have a  3500LB Winch that only runs in one direction.  Inward but not Out.  Replaced the solenoid module.  Makes "click" when I push the "Out" button and the motor tries to spool out but then stops and begins to "click".   Does anyone have suggestions what I should try next?       
    • By skittle021
      So I've got a Hisun 550 that I was doing some work on that required removing the CVT and it's housing. Upon attempting to reinstall the clutch, sheaves, etc, I found that the belt no longer fits - it's far too wide. None of the parts have been replaced, they're all OEM. Exactly the same parts as what I took off a few weeks ago.
      To be more specific, my belt is 1.25in wide, but the gap between the clutch and the primary sheave is only 7/8in wide. I'll include a few photos to explain.
      Has anyone ever experienced such a bizarre problem? Any help at all would be appreciated, I've been stuck on this for a month. I'm open to just about any suggestion.
      Photos: 

• By ILoveOldJunk
      Recently acquired a 21 year old Mule.  The previous owner let the brake master cylinder run dry, and when I flushed the brakes, one wheel's brakes locked up.  I took the wheel off, but cannot get the axle nut off, and there is not enough space to get my gear puller behind the drum anyway.  Anybody had an issue with seized brakes?  How can I get this thing off to replace it or rebuild it?