Quantcast
keg

2016 Kawasaki mule 610 xc rear brake line

I recently ran over a stick that caught the right rear brake line and broke it. Is this a common problem? And, is there an after market braided brake line that would be better?

Welcome fellow Mule owner! No, there is no after market. I recommend just getting  a new one, or possibly splicing it. What material is it made of? My 550's is a hard metal line.

http://www.kawasakipartshouse.com/oemparts/a/kaw/55c0e90087a8661e1c1b2850/rear-brake-piping

Go to the link, They are a really good Kawasaki company, ordered T O NS of parts from them,,,,

Apparenty bottomed out my Mule and pushed the rear brake line out of place causing it to rub on the bottom of the engine and wear a hole in it. I Looked into buying a new line, but thought the asking price from Kawasaki was very expensive so checked with my auto repair shop. I knew there was a place that they had brake lines specially made for older vehicles that the lines were discontinued. I had a big hold and only a small piece of line holding it together on one side. They said they would not attempt this on an automobile line, actually not legal to braze an auto line, but did braze my Mule line, blew it out and pressure tested it to over 100 lbs. of pressure and was good to go. Put it back on, has been over a year and still holding.  Make sure the rubber grummits that hold it in the clips that hold the line in position are in place. I had to make new ones for mine since they had been lost. I cut about 4 inch rubber hose, and split it to go around and made sure they were secured in place. I also zip tied the line in place as another precaution to make sure it stays where it is suppose to. 

It isn't just a Mule issue, a friend has a Ranger and has torn his brake line apart more then once.