Quantcast

Can-am or polaris

Bpark

Coming from a long time Honda foreman guy. I'm ready to step out into side x side world.. my eyes are on the defender and ranger!! General use- hunting and riding family on trails.. NO mud bogging.. What has the best engine life and least problems? I get it maintenance and anything will last but I've heard horror story of polaris.. any input would be appreciated!!! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Cam Am builds some very good quality machines where the Polaris models are of less quality but far more popular and ease of finding parts. CanAm parts can be hard to find in some areas. If you ever do a search for customer complaints/repairs per 100 machines produced by a manufacturer, Polaris is one of the highest in complaints and has a high maintenance record.  That being said most Polaris riders are riding their machines hard as well.  The CanAm machines fall in the middle somewhere with fewer overall complaints but more complaints about parts availiability. If you seriously considering a good utility machine then look at the Kymco line, NOT Chinese made, very high quality, parts readily availiable, excellent dealer service and is the lowest on customer complaints per 100 units made of any UTV/ATV manufacturer in the world.  Have had mine for more than two years, 800 plus miles, ridden as a work horse primarily but have seen some hard trail riding and deep mud...."O" issues. Well designed, top quality materials and welding on the frame. I do not need power steering even with diff lock on, I can steer with one finger.  Good luck in your search...

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By John Chauvin
      My 800 sx with 75 hours is under warranty and began rough idle and unburned fuel coming out exhaust. I am located in eastern Arizona 5.5 hour drive from selling dealer (Bass Pro) in Mesa, Az. Called Tracker factory and they tell me there are dealers in Prescott and in Lake Havasu Az in far west Arizona. Tracker needs to find and appoint a dealer in Show Low Az if they want to compete with Polaris in the White Mountains. Show low is only 90 miles from me and I could live with that.
    • By Green Scout
      Hello everyone.
      Here I am showing our Green Scout electric all-terrain vehicle.
      All-terrain vehicle 6 wheeled, electric, side-turning. Rides, jumps, dances, swims, but does not fly. The drive is permanent (but you can turn off any wheel arbitrarily through the controller). The power of each wheel is 3 kW at its peak, the total power is 18 kW. Speed up to 60 km / h. Since the all-terrain vehicle is electric, it starts from a place quickly, drives silently (well, of course, the sound from tires and shock absorbers does not disappear).
      The idea of creating such an all-terrain vehicle came after the experience of operating the Argo all-terrain vehicle. The main disadvantages of the wheeled side-turning all-terrain vehicle are low ground clearance, lack of suspension. To get high ground clearance and suspension, there are two outputs on mini all-terrain vehicles - either electric drive or hydraulic. The hydraulics had to be excluded, since at temperatures below -30C it does not work, plus it always flows. As a result, we settled on an electric transmission. Each wheel is a motor-wheel. Naturally, the motor-wheels were being finalized to be able to be installed on an all-terrain vehicle and to be able to swim. The battery is iron-phosphate, all information on the battery, the charge is displayed on the smartphone. Control of the all-terrain vehicle through the on-board computer. Bicycle handlebar controls. Braking either with the sides through a turn of the steering wheel, or with the gas pedal of all wheels at once.
      Overview video of the all-terrain vehicle

• By Bret4207
      2019 Coleman Outfitter 550, 160-ish hours. Was driving it slowly and it just slowed down and died. Won't start. Pops once as soon as I start cranking and that's it. I have great blue white spark on the spark tester, jumps 1/2". Changed injector, no joy. Changed plugs to new several times, no joy. Pulled injector power wire and tried ether through air intake after removing air filters- nothing! I do notice if I put my hand over the air intake where the filter goes, I get pressure  pushing back at me. Jumped time? Stuck valve? Is there a decompressor on this that could be malfunc?

This is the one I've had that was inop for months and months while Coleman tried to find someone to fix it. Warranty is long expired now. I'll never have anything good to say about this thing.
    • By Kontra06
      Thanks for letting me join in!
      Looking at the Tracker 800DSX LE for my "runabout" rig and something to take the grandkids out into the desert dust and brush.
      Kontra06 (Mark Porter)
    • eManualOnline
    • By Fuelguy
      I just purchased a new 2021 defender  max hd10 and want to put tracks on the machine.  But I need to purchase a trailer and nothing I can find will tell me the total length of unit with tracks?  Anyone have an idea.?  Thanks in advance
  • Gallery Images