Quantcast

Pipelnr

Cub cadet 2006 utv parking brake

I have a 2006 cub cadet with a cat Diesel engine. No matter how many times I adjust to parking brake it will not hold on a hill. Is there an aftermarket alternative or does anyone have improved ideas?

All along, I have adjusted the brake repeatedly but it is a metal rod against a metal plate so it does not get a bite! Any ideas?

• Like 1

I hate to say it, but have you contacted Cub cadet to see if there is a new improved replacement for it?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By TomWA
      2016 Cub Cadet Challenger 700 has a hitch receiver that requires a vertical pin as opposed to a horizontal pin to attach hitches.  I'm looking for an 18" hitch entender that will attach using a vertical pin and then accept a horizontal pin for a trailer hitch.  I've looked everywhere.  Any ideas on where to find one?  TIA
    • By DJ530
      A few pictures (so far) of the engine work - eventually I will share wiring info and other details (if anyone is interested?)  should anyone else ever need to swap an engine in one of these. The replacement engine is a Harbor freight $750 special 670cc,  (lawn mower/industrial type lump) with a few minor upgrades. Should have it back together soon, bolted in. The cold weather slows me down! 

• By TomWA
      There is a RECALL on certain Cub Cadet Challengers regarding brake failure causing crashes.  After having lost 4 days from my 700 being returned to the dealer, turns out the problem was merely air in the brake lines which I could have bled myself.
    • By Robynne Catheron
      Just wanted to say hi. I'm very thankful for this forum, because I recently purchased a 2012 Cub Cadet Volunteer.  I need to be able to maintain it myself instead of having a shop come and get it. The closest shop is about 50 miles away. I appreciate any and all help and advice! 
      I hope I don't wear out my welcome here. 
    • By Robynne Catheron
      New-to-me 2012 CC Volunteer throttle cable broke during the wicked cold snap we had a few weeks ago (upstate NY). It was already a bit sticky, but at least it was usable. 
      Is it possible to replace it myself, or must I pay to have it hauled 50 miles to the nearest shop?  I can access both ends, but the majority of it is pretty buried from the top and underneath. 
      Any advice would be appreciated.