You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Driving with the hand brake on

I went for a ride the other day, just an easy slow poke putt, but i didn't notice the hand brake was on, after a few miles, I noticed I was losing power, so I stepped on the gas, no difference, then I down shifted, OK power, what's that smell, ahh damn, brakes on. I had already had problems with this before in my '08 and added a sensor to tell me when the brake handle was NOT all the way down, so I decided that it was such a good idea, I needed to do it to my '15 also. It's a pretty easy thing to do & I recommend it to all. When I talked to Brandon at Joyner to order a new brake line, he said he had seen it many times. I took a handful of photos, added some text to explain them and put them in my google drive, here's the link if you would like to see what happened. The switch I used is a Hall Effect transistor, a reed switch could be used also, but I don't like them because I have had some bad luck with them and broke 2 of them before I went with the Hall Effect trasistor. https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByQAhs0e-yF9cnM2RmlhQ3hzdjQ&usp=sharing

By Kinarfi, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 3 replies
    • 2014 Kawasaki Mule Brake Adjustment - Hand Controls

Unusual topic, I guess. I'm unable to walk and just had hand controls installed on my new Mule. I'm trying to figure out how to adjust the brakes (freeplay, hydraulics, etc) to increase "responsiveness" of brakes. I need them to engage more quickly. In other words, I have to really lay on the hand controls hard to get the brakes to activate. The brake pedal (via the hand control) has to move quite a distance before the brakes start to engage (and I am unable to lock them up). I guess I need to make the brakes more "touchy". The hand control system is far from perfect, but it's all I've got. Any thoughts? Thanks. KC

By Legless, in Kawasaki UTV SxS Forum

• 4 replies