Quantcast

Five Cheap UTV Accessories You Should Have

Alex

UTVs are expensive, but getting one set up with accessories that make sense for you doesn’t have to be. Here are five cheap UTV accessories to consider.

Owning a UTV is awesome and opens a lot of possibilities for both work and play. The vehicles make awesome platforms to customize them to your personal needs and tastes. There is a massive aftermarket of accessories to go along with your ride, too. The problem that plagues so many of us is cost. After spending the bucks to buy the UTV, there just isn’t much left over to get the accessories you want and/or need. Luckily, there are some really good products out there that will work great for you and they don’t cost and arm and a leg, either. Here are five cheap UTV accessories that I have been really impressed with that you should take a look at.

Kolpin Switchblade Plow

Kolpin Switchblade Plow

If you live in snowy regions of the world, you undoubtedly have to find a way to remove the snow from the driveway. A snowplow for your UTV would work amazing, and is a lot of fun. Trust me, I know from experience. The problem is, snowplows for UTVs aren’t cheap. You often have to buy a specific frame for your specific UTV, and then add in the blade and mounting hardware. Kolpin changed that with the Switchblade. This is basically a plow in a box, with a universal-fit frame and adjustable plow blade. The best part is the price. You can get the entire plow setup for less than the cost of frame assemblies on other plows.

Tusk Half Windshield

Tusk Half Windshield

A windshield is an extremely popular accessory. It helps keep dust and rain off you and keeps you a little warmer in the winter months. The problem with most windshields is cost – they aren’t cheap, especially if you opt for a fancy one from the factory. An option to save a few bucks is a half windshield and you can save even more by going with this one from Tusk. For around $100, you can have a Tusk half windshield that will deflect air from smacking you in the face, and offer up a decent amount of trail protection from mud and debris.

Bad Dawg Rearview Mirror

Bad Dawg Rearview Mirror

A rearview mirror makes so much sense in a UTV, you’d almost think they’d come standard from the factory. This is one of my must-have accessories because when you’re really hammering on the trail, it makes backing up safer and easier, especially if you use a seatharness instead of the standard three-point belt. Bad Dawg Accessories makes a sweet mirrorthat has a pretty universal fit and it costs less than $20! I don’t know about you, but that is one deal I wouldn’t mind backing in to. Cheap UTV accessories don’t get much more useful and affordable than this one.

Canyon Scout Cooler

Canyon Scout Cooler

I know, there are cheaper coolers out there. I get that. There are some definite reasons to go with one of today’s extreme coolers, and since you’re driving a UTV, you already know them. They do hold ice longer and they hold up to the abuse trail use can dish out. That’s where this 22-quart Canyon cooler shines. It is designed for adventure and adventure vehicles. It has multiple tie-down points and an extremely rugged construction. I’ve tested lots of coolers and the Canyon coolers are as good or better than any. And let’s face it, if you bought an accessory cooler from a UTV manufacturer, you’re going to spend more. If you’re going to buy a rugged cooler, this is a great deal.

Kolpin 4,500lb. Winch

Kolpin 4,500lb. Winch

A buddy of mine bought a Polaris Ranger 900 and wanted a winch for it. He went to a local farm supply store and bought a 4,000-pound winch for around $150 and was pleased as punch – until it broke after a couple of light uses. He was upset about it and was even more upset when he started looking at buying a good winch, and the price that often goes along with buying good in the first place. Buying a good winch in the 4,000+ rating range will often cost well over $400. It doesn’t have to, though. Kolpin makes winches and you should seriously take a look at them. A 4,500lb Kolpin winch is well under $300 and you’ll be pretty happy with the quality.

Article source: http://www.atv.com/parts-gear/five-cheap-utv-accessories-you-should-have