Quantcast

Travis

Need help converting

Going to try to measure the rotor clearences on the oil pump. manual says:

(Use feeler gauge)

Standard: Less than 0.14 MM

Service Limit: 0.3 MM

and i cant find a  0.14 mm feeler gauge.

?????

i think, if my math is correct it comes out to .005?  5 thou?

Edited by Travis
Solution

What machine are you working on.  I'm wondering if my low oil pressure at idle has excessive oil pump clearances.  (Joyner Renegade 1100cc)

.14mm is 0.005512"

• Like 1

my 01 Mule 550.

Very well could be, what year is it?

The oil pump on my mule is driven by the cam.

I have a 2014 Joyner Renegade with the Chery 1100cc engine.  It appears that the oil pump is driven directly from the crankshaft.  I'm going to try a heavier weight oil (40 or 50) to see if that improves my idle oil pressure (it's at 10 psi, bare minimum).

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.