Quantcast

Wet Pro FXT

kohllsaw

Well I screwed up this weekend. I got my Pro FXT a little deep in the water and it locked up. I got it home pulled the plugs, sucked the water off the top #1 piston. (that was the only chamber with water in it.)The crank case didn't appear to have any water in it but I suspect it broke a piston or rod. I took the belt housing cover off and I cant turn it by hand. When I turn the key all I get is a click. It is now on its way to the dealer Ill give an update hopefully in the next week or two. SAD-DAYS for the pocket book! 

Usually  clicking indicates the starter is bad or isn't getting enough juice. I would start by checking  the battery.

read through this thread:

if the battery checks out, i would replace the solenoid, or check for voltage AT the solenoid/starter.. as far as not turning it by hand, i *think* you are supposed to  be able to turn over by hand. but i am not sure on that aspect.

here's a video for the solenoid.

If you do find a broken rod here is a site for parts. Great business. https://www.kawasakipartshouse.com/oemparts/c/kawasaki_utility/parts

i guess this will help you out in someway or another. :D

welcome to the UTV Board

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Travis
      No more tarping her everytime it rains.......
      4 4X4X8's, i wanted to use 10 footers, but Lowe's was fresh out so i tamped in 8 footers..., 2 12 foot 2x4's, and 4 2x4's.... i plan on adding some corner braces to help with any sagging that might occur.

• By Michael Hudson
      So my wife picked out a brand new Hisun crew 4x4 750 axis 4x4. When it gets hot it shuts off. This vehicle has less than 20 miles. I'm the dark here. First I have no access to a trouble shooting guide and have even blindly performed the "wiggle tests" as I used to do as a drive ability tech on cars professionally. I'm not able to locate what's getting overheated to cause it to shut off. After awhile it'll start right up and no issues. While trying to duplicate the problem sitting at idle, it'll eventually cut off again. Again when cooled off will start again. 

I'm hating this machine and wished she'd gone with a pricier but more reliable sxs. My grizzly 550 rarely gives me issues that isn't my fault. 
    • By Zero
      So i have a 2011 EFI 700. the SxS will crank right up everytime without any issues. If i let it run or ride it for about 10 mins it will shut off and then it may turn on if i am lucky but most time i have to let it sit for like 3 hours and then it will run again. i have done the following
      -New fuel filter
      -New injector
      -New spark plug
      -New coil pack and plug wire
      -New air filter

Also could i get a grizzly 660 engine and put in it or would it not work.
    • By Steven78
      Hi I have a t boss 410 is about a year old with 150 MI and it feels like the brakes are stuck when you take off but in neutral it rolls perfectly I also have a t boss 550 that does not do this so was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue or if it is common with this machine also on the 410 have had the stator motor and voltage regulator replace once already and think it is bad again not sure if this would have anything to do with the other issue any help or advice would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance
    • eManualOnline
    • By Dpken38
      I have to rebuild the top end of my hisun 450. Can I replace it with a 500 cylinder kit without any other modifications?