Quantcast

Massimo 500 Won’t crank with key

owencole15

Massimo 500 will only crank when I jump solenoid with screwdriver cranks right up and runs great. But won’t start with key doesn’t do anything when I turn the key. Only thing it does is power everything as in dash and fuel pump then have to jump solenoid to crank up and drive. 

I was thinking that when I had a buddy turn over the key and my power probe hooked to my solenoid its taking power away... so I don’t know if the points are bad in the ignition switch or my solenoid is bad? I have a solenoid on order I’ll change that if that don’t fix it then I’ll order a ignition switch. 

No. I changed the ignition and solenoid with starter relay. Still nothing ended up going to auto parts store and buying a push button ran it straight to the solenoid so all I have to do is turn key on for fuel pump and all electrical stuff then push button and fires right up. Easy to do and now I don’t have a headache. Got tired of throwing money at it. 

It could be or it’s something in that stupid fuse box design where one of the relays are bad that you can’t replace you have to buy the whole box for $100 could be one of the  relays not allowing the ignition to work properly. So that’s why I just ended up putting the button on it. Still have to have the key to start so it will do for me. 

Thanks much! Mine is intermittent, but if I can't track down the issue, I just may install your fix.

Is the ignition switch only available through the dealership? If it's a poor design, I would prefer to go with an aftermarket switch. I don't know how to cross reference the switch, or I would go that route. 

• 1 year later...

I have the exact same problem with a 2018 Odes Dominator 1000 cc. I still haven't found the cause of the problem. I "fixed" it by running a wire from the solenoid "I" terminal (the small terminal that is NOT connected to the ignition switch) to the frame. It now always starts instantly without waiting for the pump to do its thing first. The problem is solved but I still want to know what's causing it, if someone knows.

• 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By FTR
      Hello I know I started this topic before but I have lost it.  So here is the story, I bought this XLT 500 earlier this year it is was and still is in rough shape the ID plate is gone, faded paint, bad window, etc...  When I got it, it ran rough and the all of a sudden  it quit running.  So I started looking into it and found no spark.  No biggie changed plug, and coil, still nothing.  So went and replaced the coil wire, still nothing.  So I have gone pretty far now.  I have replaced the stator magneto, the voltage regulator, CDI, I do have the crank shaft position sensor but have never figured out where it goes have been told around the stator but have yet to find it.  Have chased wire out and still nothing.  At the coil I have one wire giving good voltage the other one nothing, and when you crank it the voltage goes all over the place.  So besides the key I have changed every part that has to do with the starting that I can find.  So information on what I am missing or doing wrong would be great, it acts like the kill switch on the brakes is stopping it from starting, however I have bypassed that to make sure that was not the problem and still nothing.  So aside of parking this thing in the back and letting it die a slow death I am at a loss on what to do next, Help!
    • By Tiff Rumsey
      I own a 2020 T-Boss410 I'm having problems with it over heating with it just idling for maybe 10 minutes, I have checked the fan and it works. I wired the fan up to a switch so it runs all the time and it still over heats within 10 minutes. Anyone have suggestions?
    • By malenurse13
      We just bought a used 2017 American Landmaster TW450. No hour meter that I can find, so not sure exactly how much it has been used. 
      The first 2 days we had it, the starter was a little sketchy, but it started after 2-3 tries. Sometimes when turning the key, we would hear a loud metal "clink" sound. Like the starter made contact, but didn't have enough power to turn. 
      THIS MORNING... Turning the key, we hear a single click sound. That's it. Even with a new battery, the starter is still doing the same thing. Both batteries (old and new) were reading 12.8 volts on volt meter. So I'm wondering what else could be going on? Any ideas on what to look for would be greatly appreciated...
      Thank you!
    • By Liv4upoutdoors
      Has any one replaced their radiator fan to the Massimo 410.  My buck is overheating.   I checked fuse which was good... then  I was going to jump the fan switch and have it run all the time but its not turning on.  So much for the easy fix.   I guess my next step is to replace the fan.  I would like to get the same fan so its easy to switch out.  There isn't alot of room to work in there.   So trying to make it alittle easier.  Thank you kindly for your input.  

• eManualOnline
    • By Bill L
      I have a 2018 Hisun Sector 250 that the DC power port has no power.  I don't think it ever did so that was my bad for never trying something in the port. I have a repair manual, not sure it covers a 2018 year, but the wire diagram shows the power port on the same line/fuse as the horn and the horn works.  Should it have power with the key off or only when running?  Any ideas? Thanks   Bill L
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Tebo
      I don't use my 2012 500UTV a lot. Occasional yard work and plowing snow. I noticed cooling fan was not cycling as normal, wasn't coming on at all. Overflow reservoir was dry so I added. Pulled the connector at the sensor on the rad and jumped a wire across the terminals, turned on key and fan working, so I figured bad sensor. Replaced sensor and fan still doesn't come on. Radiator is full to the top. I started it cold and let it idle so I could monitor. The coolant hoses get hard from pressure and radiator gets hot. It gets too hot to touch for more than a few seconds so (I assume) coolant has to be circulating, but no fan. I have no problem replacing parts but I have no idea where to go next. When I do use it I can tell from the heat coming through the cover that it's getting hot so after a short while of use I park it. I'm considering running the fan with a toggle switch but that's rigging, not fixing. Don't know if this is related but even with a perfect battery it labors on the starter. On and off the starter a few times and it fires up. Any advice I can get will be appreciated. 
    • By Alan milton
      At random times it completely loses all power to dash and won't start or cuts off. I've checked all fuses and power/ground to battery. 
    • By Gerald Eubanks
      Have a 2017 missimo 500 won’t idle seams to be running rich new injector fuel pump new air filter what else would it take .
    • By Barbermafia13
      Will a rhino 660 exhaust system fit a Massimo alligator 700 ?

• By Dukhntr
      I have a 2017 500 Massimo that is weak like will not spin a tire in a good mud hole. Does anyone know how to boost power. A friend told me of a chip to bypass emissions.  Has anyone tried the chip or have a suggestion.  Thanks in advance. 
  • Gallery Images