Quantcast

Vernon Brown

07 Joyner sand viper engine & transmission swap

I was needing a transmission for mine, think it would be cheaper to do engine & tranny swap. I have had no luck finding a good tranny.

I've done a lot of research on that alternative. All things considered it will def cost more to go that route whether you go with motorcycle engine/transmission or car engine/transmission. A big part of the swap to hurdle is providing power to the wheels and what not takes a lot of fabrication. Not to mention the cost of the engine/transmission itself. If you plan on going that route definitely plan on spending some money.

We are going to do a Honda K engine with auto in our Sand viper The stock engine just does not have enough giddyup. We can make extra parts if you are interested. Look at our wcf discusion under long travel on our 1100 sand viper. We will  sell our 1100 engine and trans.

What parts do you need? you can call us at 661 822 8111

Are you talking the 1100 trans or the engine swap to honda?

Their is several topics about using the vw trans that is supposed to be the same .I would also call Joyner USA and see if they have one in stock. I will have a transmission and engine available for sale soon.

Still selling the 1100cc engine and trans? I’m very interested, blew the 650 off my Joyner. I live in Quartz Hill and can pick up asap. Let me know

2D519738-4AC4-43B8-9C99-F702CAB60CA8.jpeg

I do have the 1100 engine in the bug and I plan to swap it out. I would swap your engine out for a Honda D motor for the amount of work you are going to put into your bug  give us a Call at 661 822 8111

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By kandlinaz
      Well, after a bad experience with repairs to our Trooper, Lloyd tore into the engine himself. We originally wanted to save time by hiring the engine rebuild out, but that bit us square in the butt. Remember the discussion about Silverbullet motorsports in Yuma??
      Stay tuned....we'll let you know what happens. 
      Has anyone rebuilt the engine in these troopers?
    • By OlEd
      Hisun 500 having overheating problem after water pump install. Should  engine have a thermostat ? Has a thermostat housing but no stat, parts diagram showed it doesn’t. If it does where would I get one if Hisun doesn’t offer?
    • By Mikey
      Just bought a well used 2500 with 6,800 hours on the clock. Guy said it had a bad engine but it did run and drive when I tested it and it billowed white smoke. I found oil in the water and a disconnected fan switch. A compression test yielded 160 psi in one cylinder and 240 psi in the other. I put 15 psi in the cooling system and it dropped to zero in 30 seconds.  I removed the spark plugs and put 100 psi of air into each spark plug hole and coolant few out of the uncapped radiator. So I figured I had two bad head gaskets.
      I took the heads of the engine and found two bad head gaskets. Cleaned them up, checked for cracks, found none and reassembled with new genuine Kawasaki head gaskets.  Started engine and it ran well but smoked constantly at idle and at full throttle. Comprression test now yielded 240 psi and 245 psi which is higher than I have ever seen in any gasoline engine I have ever tested. I put 100 psi into each spark plug hole and no water or air bubbled out of the open radiator cap. When I put 15 psi into the cooling system it held pressure. Also fixed the fan switch connection and installed a digital temperature guage so I know exactly what temperature the engine is seeing and that the thermostat and cooling system is functioning properly.
      The engine smokes like it is worn out and needs overbored but with those great compression numbers it is had to believe. I am ready to pull the engine and tear it down but thought I would post to this forum before I did.
      This is my first Mule. I only paid $800 for it and might decide to just part it out depending what I find inside the engine. Brakes are good, trans works fine and there is almost no rust anywhere.
      Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks, Mike

• By Volkz VLOGS
      Looking for a tube exhaust header for the joyner 1100 engine. Thanks!
    • By Rasken
      Hello.
      New to this forum and glad to find it. So i have bought a Joyner sand viper 650, 2008 with low compression. I took the motor out and checked the pistons and the ring gap was to big plus the engine had pinged so the upper part of the piston was bad.
      So i ordered a new piston set with pistons, rings and pins. But here comes the problem, the new piston has no gap for the c-clip but the old piston had...? Why that? The pin floates perfect in both piston and rod shaft so it can wander away and hit the cylinder walls.
      Anyone that has come across the same problem? Im not new when it comes to mechanic but has never come across this problem before.
      Hope you understand what i mean, i tried my best.

/Jonas
      Sweden