Quantcast

2018 ODES Dominator X2 Zeus

So I started out with the 2013 Odes Dominator 800. Had a full realm of issues incl.the cytrifical clutch blowing out and clipping my leg while simply driving it down to my mailbox.Traded it in fall 2018 with a cracked trans.case. Bought the 2018 ODES Zeus. Within a month the touchscreen wouldn't work. Shop 3x. Then engine oil coolant hose blew. Stayed in Playing Around MotorSports in Conroe Tx for almost a month. Approx 1mo.later the power steering motor went out. In shop for 6wks. Mind you this isn't just for pleasure. It's used for all Ranch purposes.  New motor only lasted about a month. Then it Sat for a bit. Alas the New motor came in.  It was bad straight out of the box. Brought it back home until the 3rd motor comes in. 6 months now and still waiting! Can still operate w/I power steering. So i am literally on my way home from Wolf Pen Gap in Mena ,AR. Where we go riding in the mountains on the trails. So, my handicap wife and I get to the peak of a mountain, put it in park and the engine dies.  I'm a diesel mechanic of almost 40 yrs of exp. Working on anything from a pressure washer to a big rig. Back to the saga. The bike won't start. All elec.is dead. Cooled it down for a while. Started checking for issues. Nothing worked. Called dealership mechanics. Was going through the gamut of things to try. Nothing. My wife mentioned smelling burning plastic earlier but smell had stopped. Well, started checking other issues. During this time,my wife found fresh bear  tracks. We were miles away from anything or anyone. Well, Found It! The wiring harness burned up and shorted out the bike. Thankfully I was able to rig it enough to get us off the mountain and back to cabin. All the money spent on fuel, cabin rental, groceries, time off work, arrangements made to have someone care for the farm, the list goes on,  to go out of state for the single purpose of our anuall trip. Half a day and the trip was ruined. Will be calling the bank ,dealership and a lawyer in the morning to deal with all the mess. Not playing around with people. Going straight to Tx.Lemon Law, BBB, 

On 5/16/2019 at 2:55 PM, Roy Marshall said:

So I started out with the 2013 Odes Dominator 800. Had a full realm of issues incl.the cytrifical clutch blowing out and clipping my leg while simply driving it down to my mailbox.Traded it in fall 2018 with a cracked trans.case. Bought the 2018 ODES Zeus. Within a month the touchscreen wouldn't work. Shop 3x. Then engine oil coolant hose blew. Stayed in Playing Around MotorSports in Conroe Tx for almost a month. Approx 1mo.later the power steering motor went out. In shop for 6wks. Mind you this isn't just for pleasure. It's used for all Ranch purposes.  New motor only lasted about a month. Then it Sat for a bit. Alas the New motor came in.  It was bad straight out of the box. Brought it back home until the 3rd motor comes in. 6 months now and still waiting! Can still operate w/I power steering. So i am literally on my way home from Wolf Pen Gap in Mena ,AR. Where we go riding in the mountains on the trails. So, my handicap wife and I get to the peak of a mountain, put it in park and the engine dies.  I'm a diesel mechanic of almost 40 yrs of exp. Working on anything from a pressure washer to a big rig. Back to the saga. The bike won't start. All elec.is dead. Cooled it down for a while. Started checking for issues. Nothing worked. Called dealership mechanics. Was going through the gamut of things to try. Nothing. My wife mentioned smelling burning plastic earlier but smell had stopped. Well, started checking other issues. During this time,my wife found fresh bear  tracks. We were miles away from anything or anyone. Well, Found It! The wiring harness burned up and shorted out the bike. Thankfully I was able to rig it enough to get us off the mountain and back to cabin. All the money spent on fuel, cabin rental, groceries, time off work, arrangements made to have someone care for the farm, the list goes on,  to go out of state for the single purpose of our anuall trip. Half a day and the trip was ruined. Will be calling the bank ,dealership and a lawyer in the morning to deal with all the mess. Not playing around with people. Going straight to Tx.Lemon Law, BBB, 

Yes it is now it's going in the shop tommorrw once again don't know for how long

• 1 month later...

Well, Roy, you are having the Odes experience. I bought one in in Jasper, Texas, and it was fine for the first 10 hours. After that, it was a SNAFU. They could not make the engine work correctly. After looking at all the options, I decided I was going to Lemon Law them, or take them to Small Claims Court. Mike Smith (owner of Odes) finally agreed to refund my money. Google up Lemon Law in Texas. There is a criteria you have to meet. UTVs are covered by Lemon Law, in Texas. I had to go buy a Yamaha Viking, while the Odes was in the shop. And, if you try to sell it, you are going to find they have no resale value. Let us know what happens. 

1 hour ago, Chick Collins said:

Well, Roy, you are having the Odes experience. I bought one in in Jasper, Texas, and it was fine for the first 10 hours. After that, it was a SNAFU. They could not make the engine work correctly. After looking at all the options, I decided I was going to Lemon Law them, or take them to Small Claims Court. Mike Smith (owner of Odes) finally agreed to refund my money. Google up Lemon Law in Texas. There is a criteria you have to meet. UTVs are covered by Lemon Law, in Texas. I had to go buy a Yamaha Viking, while the Odes was in the shop. And, if you try to sell it, you are going to find they have no resale value. Let us know what happens. 

Well that funny I'm from Jasper and my kids and grandkids still live there well mine has been in the shop now for 5 weeks here in Huntsville tx still haven't gotten all the parts in who did you talk to about taking it back I'm getting all the paper work together to fill Limon law on mine I'm going to buy a can am defender xt I thought Spencer Bradshaw owned the order dealer there he Used to sell Polaris my son has a 4 wheeler shop in Jasper he works on sxs all the time let me know you can text me at 936 245 9597 would like to talk with you some more about these bikes