Quantcast

briggs motor in 3010 mule

Has anyone put a different brand motor in a mule with a straight shaft,trifugal if so where did you get a tapered sleeve for the primary clutch to work or what other rough can one take to make this setup work. Will a centrifugal clutch work plus converting to chain driven?

Look up smallengine warehouse .com

They have a repower page, where you fill out what machine you have and shows what motor will fit. I believe the 3010 has the Kawasaki FD620D.

You might even contact briggs to see what will work.

Whats wrong with the engine?

Rebuild kits are a just over $200 https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kawasaki-Mule-KAF620-Engine-Rebuild-Kit-w-2-Oversize-Pistons-and-Rings/332874277709?fits=Model%3AMule+3010|Make%3AKawasaki&epid=2085765133&hash=item4d80da634d:g:hwYAAOSwj8VcbDcM:sc:USPSPriority!77384!US!-1

I'm with Travis. Just because it could be done, doesn't mean that it should. I believe that "all in", the price would be substantially more than a rebuild. If there were a major power gain, it might be worthwhile, but I don't see that happening. If anything, I'd look at refitting a larger stock motor. Like the diesel that was offered on the 3010. Where you'd have the option of do it yourself fab, or off the shelf parts. Things such as motor mounts. But personally, I wouldn't even go that far. I'd just rebuild, or replace the existing motor.

I don't know what happened to the motor it was converted when i bought it with a centrifugal clutch and #50 chain. I'm talking with Noram they say they've got a clutch for up to 40 horse power engines that engages slowly and safely. I think it's around 7 inches.

If it's already converted, then that certainly changes things. Some UTV brands, and models come with a big Honda, horizontal shaft engine, mounted just as you describe. Don't know about the chain drive though. Can't remember exactly which ones I've seen it on either. But it definitely wasn't a Honda. That was what caught my attention. I'm thinking it was at Tractor Supply Co. Anyway, one of those could possibly answer some questions about what the options might be.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By johnpeter
      2023 Can-Am Maverick Sport XMR 1000R RED TITANIUM On Ebay
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/156096225938?

• By Rusty Beavers
      I'm working on a Coleman UTV 400 that has a rough idle, owner has had it for about a year. When I say it has a rough idle, it doesn't have the continuous smooth running sound. At times you can hear it kinda skip, sputter, or like the RPM has fallen (RPM stay constant according to the gauge) It's not as bad as it was after I replaced the fuel filter and fuel injector (both are Chiki) not sure if that is a quality brand at this point. Checked the spark plug, it was a little foul, but not too bad. (Since the engine is still idling bad I'm going to replace that) Cleaned the throttle body making sure the carbon and soot has been removed, and the air-filter has been cleaned. New fuel is being used so it's not old or been standing. They did tell me that they were using non-ethanol fuel, not sure if that would be causing the issue. Next two things I can think of that maybe the issue is the O2 sensor or the valves need adjusting.
      Thoughts and suggestions? Thanks in advance.
    • By Irons
      Hopefully this helps somebody because I couldn't find any info on this runaway condition.

Drove 1/2 mile to the gas station and when I started up to leave the starter stuck on. Turn key off starter is still running~! Limp it home wondering what the heck to do, get it in the garage and pull the negative battery terminal to get it to stop. Whew, WTF?

Calm down and start checking things, starter is hot of course but nothing is smoking and nothing smells burnt. Pull battery cover off and start checking wires from battery to relay and relay to the starter. OK good nothing is hot, nothing is crispy and nothing is melted. Probably smoked the starter though. If this had happened to my wife and I wasn't around the machine would have run until the battery died and probably melted down/burned.

I'll get to the point to save you folks some time and trouble. Because this is a kymco machine you need 2 different Kawasaki parts to make this repair, and information is scarce to say the least. The switch and a sub harness to connect it to the machine's plug.

Everything works now, but the starter sounds horrible so I'll be changing that too before spring.

Good luck out there and hopefully this is just a freak occurrence, but if I were you I'd get rid of this kymco part and put the Kawasaki replacement in now.

Switch, Magnetic is part number 27010-0767
      Sub Harness Start Relay is part number 26031-Y034

• By skittle021
      So I've got a Hisun 550 that I was doing some work on that required removing the CVT and it's housing. Upon attempting to reinstall the clutch, sheaves, etc, I found that the belt no longer fits - it's far too wide. None of the parts have been replaced, they're all OEM. Exactly the same parts as what I took off a few weeks ago.
      To be more specific, my belt is 1.25in wide, but the gap between the clutch and the primary sheave is only 7/8in wide. I'll include a few photos to explain.
      Has anyone ever experienced such a bizarre problem? Any help at all would be appreciated, I've been stuck on this for a month. I'm open to just about any suggestion.
      Photos: 

• By ILoveOldJunk
      Recently acquired a 21 year old Mule.  The previous owner let the brake master cylinder run dry, and when I flushed the brakes, one wheel's brakes locked up.  I took the wheel off, but cannot get the axle nut off, and there is not enough space to get my gear puller behind the drum anyway.  Anybody had an issue with seized brakes?  How can I get this thing off to replace it or rebuild it?