Quantcast

Glamis

Paiute3

Just a curious question, are there trails in the area of Glamis or just dunes? I was looking at the KOA in the area and they said that you could ride out of the park, get on the trail and then go to the dunes. I love trails so I was wondering if it would be worth a trip to try them out. I'm looking for riding areas for the winter when we can't ride in Utah.

If you know of an area within a days drive of Las Vegas please let me know.

Thanks,

Cinda

Just a curious question, are there trails in the area of Glamis or just dunes? I was looking at the KOA in the area and they said that you could ride out of the park, get on the trail and then go to the dunes. I love trails so I was wondering if it would be worth a trip to try them out. I'm looking for riding areas for the winter when we can't ride in Utah.

If you know of an area within a days drive of Las Vegas please let me know.

Thanks,

Cinda

As I plan my trips, I use the DeLorme Topo USA 7.0 map system I have installed that works with my GPS and then look at Google Earth. If you have room for it, I highly recommend you download and install it. You can zoom in on glamis and see what's there and you can if you car was in your driveway when the satelite went over.

and oh yes, glamis is all sand, there are some trails, but not like what most people think of as a trail, it's more a direction or destination, such as the canal that you can't get in any more, or Oldsmobile and the Wall and you can get lost down there too. Mark your camp on you gps so you know which direction to go back to when you're lost.

They aren't trails as you know trails. They are trails thu the flats between the bush to the Dunes, the stuff you see along the side of a highway. Glames is SAND! If things have not changed, went for years in the 60's & 70's, but now there are too many people. Check out youtube.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

They aren't trails as you know trails. They are trails thu the flats between the bush to the Dunes, the stuff you see along the side of a highway. Glames is SAND! If things have not changed, went for years in the 60's & 70's, but now there are too many people. Check out youtube.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Thank you Rocmoc, you're right we prefer trails.

Cinda

• 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.