Quantcast

Whit with oil smoke!

Dolly

TEAM MULE 610!

My Mule is an old beast.  bought used. 10 years now never a problem.  Plowing snow off steep driveway this morning however in Wisconsin.. on way up  long hill Mule starts blowing billowing cloud of smoke out of exhaust.  I stop let it idle and it gradually clears up.  Try again.. same result.  Ready to pull into garage and DIY fix.  Anybody seen this?  fixed this?   Carburetor?  Piston Rings?    Best Wishes!

• 9 months later...
  • Similar Topics

• By skittle021
      So I've got a Hisun 550 that I was doing some work on that required removing the CVT and it's housing. Upon attempting to reinstall the clutch, sheaves, etc, I found that the belt no longer fits - it's far too wide. None of the parts have been replaced, they're all OEM. Exactly the same parts as what I took off a few weeks ago.
      To be more specific, my belt is 1.25in wide, but the gap between the clutch and the primary sheave is only 7/8in wide. I'll include a few photos to explain.
      Has anyone ever experienced such a bizarre problem? Any help at all would be appreciated, I've been stuck on this for a month. I'm open to just about any suggestion.
      Photos: 

• By JFC
      I have a  3500LB Winch that only runs in one direction.  Inward but not Out.  Replaced the solenoid module.  Makes "click" when I push the "Out" button and the motor tries to spool out but then stops and begins to "click".   Does anyone have suggestions what I should try next?       
    • By Irons
      Hopefully this helps somebody because I couldn't find any info on this runaway condition.

Drove 1/2 mile to the gas station and when I started up to leave the starter stuck on. Turn key off starter is still running~! Limp it home wondering what the heck to do, get it in the garage and pull the negative battery terminal to get it to stop. Whew, WTF?

Calm down and start checking things, starter is hot of course but nothing is smoking and nothing smells burnt. Pull battery cover off and start checking wires from battery to relay and relay to the starter. OK good nothing is hot, nothing is crispy and nothing is melted. Probably smoked the starter though. If this had happened to my wife and I wasn't around the machine would have run until the battery died and probably melted down/burned.

I'll get to the point to save you folks some time and trouble. Because this is a kymco machine you need 2 different Kawasaki parts to make this repair, and information is scarce to say the least. The switch and a sub harness to connect it to the machine's plug.

Everything works now, but the starter sounds horrible so I'll be changing that too before spring.

Good luck out there and hopefully this is just a freak occurrence, but if I were you I'd get rid of this kymco part and put the Kawasaki replacement in now.

Switch, Magnetic is part number 27010-0767
      Sub Harness Start Relay is part number 26031-Y034

• By TBoss 560 2023
      Got a new 2023 TBoss 560 with 40 miles on it now. Noticed after about and hour of plowing snow coolant started hissing out the overflow tube. Initially made a pop or blow kind of noise and then saw some steam and smelt coolant. Coolent level is in the middle between low and high (running or not). Coolant under radiator cap is full when cold, appears nice and green. Checked oil doesn’t look milky. The temp ranges from 160-180 F running for 15-20. Noticed the other day there was some more coolant that blew out the overflow tube. I called the dealer and they said the system could be purging air. Dealer is 2+ hours away so wanting to get more thoughts before considering to bring it in. Also noticing hot/burning rubber smell but I think this is from the belt breaking in? Also notice the coolant smell from the exhaust when in higher RPMs. No white smoke from the exhaust. Also another possible issue. I notice that there’s a little bounce when on pavement. You can also hear the CVT kind of make noise with this bounce in tandem. Is this normal?
    • By NCPonyboy
      Hello, new Hisun Axis 500 owner here. I have a 2020 in the Mountains of North Carolina. It runs fine and I enjoy it but it seems to struggle on the hills. Granted I have one that is pretty steep but you could get out and walk faster than it goes up. I sometimes wonder that if I had anything in the bed it might not make it. So first question is, is this normal for these? Second question is, is there anything I can do about it? Maybe a power adder or chip tuning? 

Appreciate your thoughts