Quantcast

2018 Cub Cadet Challenger 750 Cooling Fan

davisgravel

I have a 2018 750 challenger, the cooling fan started running all of the time, even with ignition switch off, it will run till it kills the battery.  I've checked the sensor on bottom of radiator, it's an open circuit no continuity, I found 2 more sensors on top of engine at coolant hose, was able to check 1 of those and it's an open switch as well. I can disconnect all 3 sensors and fan still runs. Only way to kill fan is to unplug it just back from fan motor in wiring harness. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know if there is some sort of relay near the fan, but I had a Jeep Grand Cherokee that was doing the same thing. It was the relay that was located on the inner fender. I had to cut out a piece of the front bumper cover, which luckily was not visible when everything was reassembled. Had to remove the battery cable to keep from completely discharging the battery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Liv4upoutdoors
      Has any one replaced their radiator fan to the Massimo 410.  My buck is overheating.   I checked fuse which was good... then  I was going to jump the fan switch and have it run all the time but its not turning on.  So much for the easy fix.   I guess my next step is to replace the fan.  I would like to get the same fan so its easy to switch out.  There isn't alot of room to work in there.   So trying to make it alittle easier.  Thank you kindly for your input.  

• By Fib103182
      I have owned my 2015 Hisun HS700 Crew  for about 3 or 4 months now. I got it used and was supposed to run good but was not put all the back together from a stator upgrade due to previous owner said he was going to out a stereo system on it. Anyway I have worked it much more than I have rode it. I seem to work on it 2 days and ride it for a hour. Me, my wife, and 2 kids (10 and 18) enjoy it but the engine compartment gets so hot. I've replaced the water pump and burped the cooling system and any other thing I could think of to bleed the air out and think its good with no air and water circulating. Fan seems to run fine and be on about all the time. Changed the coolant twice and oil 3 times. I noticed the engine really has nowhere for heat to go because heat rises and no air flow at all. Has anyone had any experience in this area? Any DIY tricks or any advice in removing the heat out of the engine compartment and getting it to a tolerable temperature. Im about to sell it if I can't figure something out and go waste money on a big name brand but I won't have red legs and arm from engine heat burning me and my wife. They machine never acts like its to hot or anything but it feels like it is. Thanks in advance for any and all help. 
    • By Byron Johnson
      Does anyone have a had time starting there utv.
      I have a T-Boss 750 and I have had to put 2 starters in and put heavier wire to the starter but it still has a problem starting. it will turn over and than die before it wil turn over again. could it be that there is to much compression that might cause this problem

Thank you
    • By Green Scout
      Hello everyone.
      Here I am showing our Green Scout electric all-terrain vehicle.
      All-terrain vehicle 6 wheeled, electric, side-turning. Rides, jumps, dances, swims, but does not fly. The drive is permanent (but you can turn off any wheel arbitrarily through the controller). The power of each wheel is 3 kW at its peak, the total power is 18 kW. Speed up to 60 km / h. Since the all-terrain vehicle is electric, it starts from a place quickly, drives silently (well, of course, the sound from tires and shock absorbers does not disappear).
      The idea of creating such an all-terrain vehicle came after the experience of operating the Argo all-terrain vehicle. The main disadvantages of the wheeled side-turning all-terrain vehicle are low ground clearance, lack of suspension. To get high ground clearance and suspension, there are two outputs on mini all-terrain vehicles - either electric drive or hydraulic. The hydraulics had to be excluded, since at temperatures below -30C it does not work, plus it always flows. As a result, we settled on an electric transmission. Each wheel is a motor-wheel. Naturally, the motor-wheels were being finalized to be able to be installed on an all-terrain vehicle and to be able to swim. The battery is iron-phosphate, all information on the battery, the charge is displayed on the smartphone. Control of the all-terrain vehicle through the on-board computer. Bicycle handlebar controls. Braking either with the sides through a turn of the steering wheel, or with the gas pedal of all wheels at once.
      Overview video of the all-terrain vehicle

• eManualOnline
    • By Michael Hudson
      So my wife picked out a brand new Hisun crew 4x4 750 axis 4x4. When it gets hot it shuts off. This vehicle has less than 20 miles. I'm the dark here. First I have no access to a trouble shooting guide and have even blindly performed the "wiggle tests" as I used to do as a drive ability tech on cars professionally. I'm not able to locate what's getting overheated to cause it to shut off. After awhile it'll start right up and no issues. While trying to duplicate the problem sitting at idle, it'll eventually cut off again. Again when cooled off will start again. 

I'm hating this machine and wished she'd gone with a pricier but more reliable sxs. My grizzly 550 rarely gives me issues that isn't my fault. 
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Jacob E freeman
      I have a 2018 cub cadet challenger 750 I bought brand new almost 2 years ago the first month I had it the exhaust broke and burnt the spark plug wire in two that was a recall so the dealership installed the new one it had a different design and it bolted up to the bottom two plugs below the spark plug the dealership said they had to Adjust the exhaust valves I get the machine back thanking everything is good now wrong not even a week after I get it back the timing chain tensioner comes apart inside the motor I take it back to the dealership They put one on I get the machine back thanking everything is good but then just like before not even a week goes by when I was riding the Machine automatically quits going come to find out the wet clutch was burned up the primary clutch head stripped off of the splines I get that fixed and then  it overheats I take it back they bleed the air out of the coolant they bring it back to me the same day that I get it back it overheats again I take it back they temporarily fix it again just enough to let the warranty run out and now the machine has been to multiple different mechanics I have had them try to bleed the air out they have stood it up on its end I have had the water pump changed I have had the fan hooked to a switch so I could leave it on all the time but still almost 2 years later not even 200 hours on the machine and I cannot ride it The dealership will not take it back as a lemon I have tried I am at my wits end I have no clue what to try next
    • By JDawg
      Was using the machine all day to haul wood...no issues until the end...
      When I try to start it, the dash lights come on but starter does not...seems like no power to the starter.
      It is in park, but when I put the brake on to start, it registers N.
      Won't start in neutral either...
      Tried rocking it, did not help...
      Help...
    • By Jaanko
      Camso has told me they will not be making any tracks for the 2020 challengers, only through 2019 because not enough were made or sold.  Are there any other track options?  Mattracks? Anyone have any information?
    • By DC Cadet
      Can you add power steering to a  non power steering model? 2019 Cub Cadet Challenger 750.
    • By Booker
      I appreciate any advice anyone can give.
      I am working on a Challenger 750 that the drive belt broke on.
      Removed the side cover and spun the primary drive sheaves. Something was clunking.
      Took it off and pulled the outer cover and all of the rollers were out of their spot and clunking when rotating.
      I noticed these rollers are not round. They have 2 different flat spots on them. Are they supposed to be round?
      If not, How do they go back in? Flat side down, up, I don't know.

I apologize for not explaining this properly. I was just hoping someone has seen this before.
  • Gallery Images