Quantcast

Mossimo 500efi stalls then won’t start

OlEd

Mossimo 500 efi utv stalls  after startup loads up real bad. After it clears up it runs fine. Then kill it it might start but have to feather pedal. Fouls plug , Unhook injector, and fuel pump , replace plug, hit it with startin fluid till it starts. Plug all back in. Good for a bit. Cleaned 02 sensor, injector,map sensor, idle control valve, set valves, please tell me what I’m missing  any and all help appreciated. 

After hooking up fuel pressure gauge had 80 psi one time then 60 and bleed off to 20. Replaced injector and map sensor good to go. Injector leaking off flooding cylinder at any given shutdown. Then wouldn’t start again till plug change. 

• Like 1

You choose a SXS that is not popular, and few people own them, compared to others. It probably has a Delphi fuel injection system, like Odes uses on it's Comrade, which is plagued with problems. You cannot go into the electronics and tune the injection system, as you can on others. I know on the Odes, they changed every part in the whole system, on the POS that I bought. In the end, under threat of a going to court under Texas Lemon Law, they refunded my full purchase price. They could make mine run 100% better, but they could never get a miss out of it and make it run smooth. Good luck with the unit you bought. I will never buy a cheaper alternative to anything again. My new Yamaha Viking rocks!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Will Sutton
      I've got a 2023 UT400 (bought from tractor supply) and I've been beating my head against a wall with it.
      It will start and idle perfectly. The second I touch the throttle it sputters and dies.
      I've checked that the fuel pump is working  (it is).
      I've replaced the injector, throttle position sensor, O2 sensor, and intake air sensor. All with no change.

I've just taken a look a the schematic, and there is a crank position sensor as well.

Could this be the source of my troubles? If so, where is this thing located? I can't seem to find it on any drawings from the parts suppliers.
    • By John M in Louisiana
      Quick question about replacing the plug.  One of the prongs pulled out, so I'm thinking it will be an easy fix to connect the old cord with a new plug but I'm unsure about the specs.  15amp 125v?  Is it more complicated than that?  I do plan to buy a plug that's water tight.
      Thanks in advance!
    • By TPlummer
      We recently purchased the Axis x550. Fueled it with 93 fuel and drove one time around the farm and the 02 fault error appeared. Any ideas? 
    • By Mark Anderhalt
      Question, Does anyone know if a 700-cylinder, piston, and head fit on top of a 500-bottom end, Although I have a 500 and have rebuilt the 500 once, I'm thinking the lower end may be the same for both the 500 and the 700. Does anyone have information on that?
    • By Josh5696
      So I've got a 2022 Axis 500 UTV with only 50 miles on the odometer. It seems to have a strange grinding/squeeling noise coming from the clutch when decelerating or going down hill at lower speeds. Did some research, and found out this is apparently a fairly common thing. Alot of sources suggest the one way bearing is responsible. I'm hearing about quite a few horror stories about these bearings going bad on practically new machines, and when they replace the bearing it goes bad again shortly after.
      Has anyone come up with a solid fix for this? I've read it may be possible to run the UTV without the bearing at all, is that true? Are the $20 replacement bearings from eBay and Amazon complete garbage, and is there a better one way bearing out there that's built stronger? Is there something else causing this bearing to wear out faster, or is the stock bearing complete junk?
      Any input is appreciated, thanks in advance!