Quantcast

2017 Massimo MSU500 Thermostat Malfunction

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Have exactly the same issue. Is the thermostat by the water pump? I haven't tore into it yet, but looks like it is gonna be a real pain to do. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I bought this 2017 Massimo MSU500 new and it is the first issue.

Edited by Douglas

• 4 months later...
On 9/27/2020 at 7:11 AM, NewCadetOwner said:

Well all seems good.  She is running fine and no temp issues.  My sughestion to all Hisen engine owners is to check the head bolt torque and make sure it is with specs.  My mechanic found mine were not and caused the head gasket to blow.  Now to figure out how to quiet here down which is my only complaint since day 1.

Can someone please share the part number for the correct Yamaha head gasket that was used.

• 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 5/16/2020 at 9:02 AM, NewCadetOwner said:

20200514_181113.thumb.jpg.305df5917de05fc37b9ba159dccaedf8.jpgHey Joe I had the exact same problem with my 750.  Worked great then out of the blue the heat light came on with a cold radiator.  After alot of research and troubleshooting I found their is a bleeder screw on the housing on the driver side of engine on the hose housing and a second one down at the waterpump at the back of engine.  I bleed the top one and 0 water.  I went to the lower one(which is a nightmare to see and bled it and then went back to the top one and bam it now works great.  As you are doing it you have to keep radiator full.  My reserve was full the whole time but the trapped air didnt allow it to move.  I included a pic I took with my cell as that was the only was to see it.  The bleeder is the bottom right of flange.

Can you please put an arrow on where you are saying the bleed screw is. Thank you 

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I know this is an older thread/conversation... but does anyone have the source or part numbers for a 500 head, Thermostat, water pump, and the Yamaha gasket yall talked about?  I have the same machine, exact same symptoms, and need to do the same repair.  Bought it second hand.  It anyone has the carb replacement source and part, that would be great as well.  Thanks in advance for all of your insight and advice shared.  It helped a bunch.