Quantcast

2017 Massimo MSU500 Thermostat Malfunction

still waiting on parts …. talked to 2 other shops, both now refuse to even work on Massimo products because parts take so long and if its warrenty, 4 months to get paid is ridiculous .. they wont touch one anymore .. its just sad … Talked to an ATV /UTV engine  Rebuider , he says he thinks one of his rebuilt  Rhino engine would work on it , if not, he would let me return it.. So if this pattern continues,  RHINO here I come 

well, when we get both fixed, maybe can go riding together .. for about 30 minutes till they break again ..lol  ….Its really sad, it runs great for 20 -30 minutes.. then overheats and will not cool down  .. also we   have bypassed the temp switch on radiator to make fan run continuously now when key is on .... maybe that will help some by keeping the temps down all the time .. You might consider it too 

Waterpump appeared to work before but was weak after new head install.. Did it cause the head problem? who knows?  EVERYTHING is  replaced now.. Got it back this morning.. drove it for about 40 minutes around my yard, but that's only 2 acres.. did not run hot.  RAN PERFECTLY!  has more zip , maybe it was losing compression. .. NOW, with the fan running 100% , the engine seems much cooler and way less heat from behind seats ..  . Tomorrow I ll go to my camp at Whiskey Bay on Sherburne Refuge.. I ll put it to the test there, got about 15 miles of trails to ride for UTV ,ATVs …. HOPEFULLY  I can get another 300 miles out of it …   Any progress on yours?  I would check pump and bypass fan switch.. Good Luck

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well fellows, there JOY IN MUDDVILLE TONIGHT.. I ran it all day saturday and half of today.. it was 95* outside.. It ran perfectly, and NEVER OVERHEATED!!!  Finally after months of frustration, and trips to the shop, it is working properly  .. We do have the fan switch on radiator bypassed to run continuously when key is on.. Theres far less heat coming up behind the seats now.. It did develope a small exhaust leak, but I dont even care ..  cheers 

Good Luck... btw, took mine out yesterday again to the trails at the River... ran absolutely perfectly .. never got hot at all with fan running 100% now.. and I dont have all that hot engine air coming up behind the seats now..  And it was brutally hot outside. in the swamp .... 96* with a 110* heat index.. ran at least 25 miles... My mechanic did a good job.. hopefully this will end my problems from a couple years ... NO THANKS TO THE "EXCELLANT" SERVICE DEPT AT MASSIMO RIPOFF MOTORS .... ps  I removed the winshield  completely ,,, MUCH BETTER FOR DRIVER 

Edited by Joe Breaux
dropped my beer

• 2 weeks later...

Well, another weekend of fun in the sun.. right after Hurricane Laura theres lots of mud! and the damn thing did not run hot!!!  WOO HOOO  finally working properly and so far appears RELIABLY!  And once more I would like to give a great big  middle finger salute to the ahos at Massimo Motors Service Dept who refused to help me in any way...